You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/15/2022 8:45 am  #1

Battery powered LED string lights

Hi,
I've seen a few pictures on this forum of some campers with led string lights setup on their backcountry sites.  I was wondering where you can purchase these from?  I've not been able to find on the internet on my own at this point.

Thanks in advance for your help!

3/15/2022 1:14 pm  #2

Re: Battery powered LED string lights

I used these and just plug the USB end into a battery pack (that I bring to charge headlamp/phone). Provides a lot more light than you would think and doesn't take a lot of juice. Remote included but not needed (there is a button on the use plug).

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B07X1BNB8K?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

3/15/2022 2:52 pm  #3

Last September  was my first time bringing them along. Powered by 2 x AAA batteries.  Plenty of light to function somewhat and not trip over the roots yet not too bright to be obnoxious.  Added nice ambiance to the site at night. Not sure where they came from LOL but I'm certain they're available at any Canadian tire or hardware  store. They'll  be a staple on future trips for sure. Packs up so small you don't even notice  them. All rolled up not much bigger than a box of wooden matches.

Last edited by Shayne74 (3/15/2022 2:53 pm)

3/16/2022 4:23 am  #4

Thanks very much for the info!  Greatly appreciated.

3/16/2022 3:37 pm  #5

enregistrer video instagram

This was our backcountry setup this past weekend, but I bring a small car battery to power them with a power inverter. We can leave them on for a week straight and still have lower left, I also use it to charge my augers, phones, etc

Last edited by ATVenture (3/16/2022 3:39 pm)

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.