You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/31/2021 12:34 pm  #1

Favorite Online Camping retailer?

Who is the best or you go to camping supply store?  I am familiar with the Last Hunt, but wondered what else is out there.

Thanks

"Remember you belong to Nature, not it to you." - Grey Owl

5/31/2021 12:48 pm  #2

Re: Favorite Online Camping retailer?

Altitude sports

7/06/2021 7:37 pm  #3

I’ll second Altitude Sports. The membership is worth it for the free returns and they always have fast delivery. I’ve been a member for about 4-5 years now and they have decent sales every once in a while.

I like Scout Tech too, they are in Mississauga. Their website needs an upgrade though.

Another shop out of Mississauga is Canadian Outdoor Equipment. They carry a lot of niche products and specialize in traditional camping gear.

7/07/2021 6:25 am  #4

pizzabones wrote:

Another shop out of Mississauga is Canadian Outdoor Equipment. They carry a lot of niche products and specialize in traditional camping gear.

I'll second COE for high quality backcountry gear. Things like CCS tarps that are hard to get in Canada, winter camping equipment.

https://www.canadianoutdoorequipment.com/

M

7/19/2021 10:30 pm  #5

Valhalla Pure Outfitters got onto my radar recently.  vpo.ca

7/30/2021 12:27 am  #6

EddieBauer.ca: Great quality outdoor clothing & lifetime warranty. 
-I keep an eye out for their Clearance stuff, primarily buying off season. Also wait for extra codes that typically take an extra 40-60% off Clearance items. They also tend to send out $5 & 10 off coupons to their reward members.  So you can sometimes even triple dip on discounting (clearance pricing + extra discount code + coupon). Failing that buy on Black Friday. 
-Have bought many many clothing items from them: raincoat, insulated raincoat, rain pants, synthetic & down puffy jackets, down parka, sherpa lined shirts, hiking boots

Atmosphere.ca - wait for friends & family deals, offered several times per year.
-Have bought several quality gear on their deals, MSR pocket rocket deluxe, Marmot tents & sleeping bags, Therm-a-rest mat,

WLure.com: Fishing Lures
-They already have great prices, but I just buy the ones that are on sale, so even better pricing.  Their lures have worked great for me & family.  Plus when you are funding the fishing trips of kids, nieces & nephews. Lures often get lost, underwater obstacles, in trees, etc... losing lures that would otherwise be at $10+ each starts to add up.

Don't forget Costco, small selection of seasonal items, but always great prices & great return policy.  
-Wool hiking socks, 1lb propane canisters, car camping tent, hammock, Pelican kayak, etc
-Also gas up before & after those long road trips!

7/30/2021 1:59 pm  #7

Another great source for online gear with some GREAT deals is https://www.thelasthunt.com/

7/31/2021 9:14 am  #8

MEC has a big up to 60% off sale going now,, 

8/01/2021 1:13 pm  #9

I second the votes for VPO and Cdn Outdoor Equipment Co.  I've also had good success with Altitude Sports for (online) orders of camping gear - got a very good deal on a Jack Wolfskin tent and Nemo UL tent in recent years.

Last edited by greenthinker (8/01/2021 1:13 pm)

8/13/2021 2:32 pm  #10

Don't forget about us at Algonquin Outfitters we launched a new online store last year and have about 4000 of our most popular products available online.

shop.algonquinoutfitters.com

9/08/2021 11:15 am  #11

Costco on occasion carries merino wool longsleeve base layers...they are really good quality and wear really well...much better than those from MEC IMO...cloud something or other is the brand...I used to order a lot from REI when I could pop over the border to my mailbox - good sales, great selection and I particularly like their customer reviews  (often hundreds for some items) and articles on what to look for in camping gear

11/16/2021 10:38 pm  #12

Trailhead
The Trip Shed

2/15/2022 5:28 pm  #13

Jdbonney wrote:

Altitude sports

Not a fan! They won't take debit cards and they actually charge for returns (unless you buy a "membership" and effectively pay for the privilege in advance lol)...quite a joke tbh given today's competitive online retail landscape

2/22/2022 6:05 pm  #14

Rail Riders for durable clothing. It's a US based company. A number of years ago I ordered two long sleeve shirts (both UV protection) and two pairs of trousers, summer (mozzy proof) and fall weight. Big pockets, articulated knees, additional material in seat and knees, and quick dry, So far so good. I had couple pairs of Fjallraven Vida Pro but sold them.  I didn't like the way the material felt on my skin, too stiff in the cooler temps, kinda like cardboard. I found they took awhile to dry too. But very functional and robust, no doubt about it.

2/22/2022 6:10 pm  #15

goneagainjon wrote:

Costco on occasion carries merino wool longsleeve base layers...they are really good quality and wear really well...much better than those from MEC IMO...cloud something or other is the brand...I used to order a lot from REI when I could pop over the border to my mailbox - good sales, great selection and I particularly like their customer reviews (often hundreds for some items) and articles on what to look for in camping gear

A MONSTROUS X2 on Costco's merino wool!  Are you kidding me, they're the best kept secret for their affordable merino wool base layers. I have drawers full..lol  I use their merino products for fishing ,golf, winter camping..ect. Absolutely the bomb for pricing!

2/22/2022 7:43 pm  #16

Swift Fifteen wrote:

goneagainjon wrote:

Costco on occasion carries merino wool longsleeve base layers...they are really good quality and wear really well...much better than those from MEC IMO...cloud something or other is the brand...I used to order a lot from REI when I could pop over the border to my mailbox - good sales, great selection and I particularly like their customer reviews (often hundreds for some items) and articles on what to look for in camping gear

A MONSTROUS X2 on Costco's merino wool!  Are you kidding me, they're the best kept secret for their affordable merino wool base layers. I have drawers full..lol  I use their merino products for fishing ,golf, winter camping..ect. Absolutely the bomb for pricing!

I wish I could buy some more Cloudveil merino wool shirts but can't seem to find them anywhere

Last edited by goneagainjon (2/23/2022 8:57 am)

2/23/2022 8:16 am  #17

goneagainjon wrote:

Jdbonney wrote:

Altitude sports

Not a fan! They won't take debit cards and they actually charge for returns (unless you buy a "membership" and effectively pay for the privilege in advance lol)...quite a joke tbh given today's competitive online retail landscape

An Altitude Sports lifetime membership costs $35 and gives you a permanent 5% off everything, and occasionally 10% off everything. So you'd have to spend $700 at Altitude Sports over your lifetime in order to end up saving money (or less, if you take advantage of the 10% when it happens). So I don't imagine it's a deal breaker for most people. I bought a membership a couple years ago and it's already paid for itself. 

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.