You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/01/2022 4:19 pm  #1

Hopefully Busy Summer

This will be my first summer with my own boat and with all this time at home, I've put in some big plans.

Ice out - A couple nights on Macintosh with buddies I haven't camped with in a while.
May 24 - 3 night loop out  of Rock to Welcome and Louisa
Early July - 4 days tooling around Opeongo followed by a hop  up to Merchant, Hogan, Proulx or Proulx, Lavieille, Dickson.
Late July- TBD but likely starting from Wendigo, Radiant, Hogan, Lavieille, White Partridge, up to the Pet and back to Wendigo.  Another possibility is starting from Travers.
Late Aug - Archay up to Green Leaf or Baron (and if I really want to abuse myself, drop off all non-essentials and do a loop to Clover)
Sept - A long weekend of food and drink on a lake to be determined.

Might also throw in a couple paddles to Toronto Island, Humber, and Credit rivers.

Last edited by keg (2/01/2022 4:20 pm)

2/01/2022 5:15 pm  #2

Re: Hopefully Busy Summer

You might see us on the may long weekend. We are doing a similar loop from rock but down through Clydegale --> east Galipo and up to Louisa. 

looks like a fun set of trips you have penciled in.

2/01/2022 6:30 pm  #3

I wish I could get this much time off of work, holy smokes. You might see me on the May long weekend on Louisa. Have a great summer!

2/01/2022 6:40 pm  #4

May run into you on your late July trip. If you see a kayak, odds are it’s me so say hi!

2/02/2022 8:51 am  #5

keg wrote:

Might also throw in a couple paddles to Toronto Island, Humber, and Credit rivers.

Love paddling out to the islands. We generally put in at Cherry Beach and paddle in through the eastern gap. It can get spicy with the large boats going through and the wave reflections off the break walls. Another spot you might want to try is the Rouge up from the lake shore. Haven't been there in a while but I recall having to get in on the east side of the river's mouth.

2/03/2022 4:22 pm  #6

AlexTamblyn wrote:

I wish I could get this much time off of work, holy smokes. You might see me on the May long weekend on Louisa. Have a great summer!

Joy of being a teacher is summers to explore.  Bad side is except for weekends, I'm limited to bug season.

2/06/2022 12:02 pm  #7

Looks like we have a lot of the same routes planned. Might see you on Louisa in May. I’ll be heading out of Opeongo in late July though. Cheers!

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.