You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/03/2022 9:33 am  #1

fri may 13th algonquin opens up interior,,

the reservation system is open,, starting may 13 for the algonquin interior,,  i see some campsites are booked now.

Last edited by swedish pimple (1/03/2022 11:19 am)

1/03/2022 1:03 pm  #2

Re: fri may 13th algonquin opens up interior,,

Booked weeks ago. Hoping not to get shut out again this year and noticed that Doug has started putting in more restrictions again. That Friday should be a bit of a horror show if it happens and then the likely scenario of bookings opening before that date when ice out is decided upon. Might be interesting getting a site on the no or one portage lakes if you go in on the 13th.

1/03/2022 1:18 pm  #3

I saw that, I've got my spring trip booked.  Hopefully it's a go.  New area of the park for me out of Access Point 3.  I'm hoping my 18 year old son can go with me this time.

1/04/2022 9:03 am  #4

It seems that I have a new restriction to add to the COVID restrictions.  Daughter's college schedule.  Final exams happen from May 9-12.  Not ideal. 

Planning to put in for vacation days around May 6th and hope ice out happens earlier with an opportunity to get into the park.  Petey alluded to that as a possibility...Not sure how that's going to work out, I'm sure it would be a bit chaotic, but is my only realistic opportunity for a Spring trip to the park.

Fall of 2023 my son will start college as well, so this spring tripping impact will chase me for seven years.  On the other hand, their college schedules will completely free up September and October, as I will be free of the clutches of the high school schedule that has proven very effective at ruining September trips.  

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.