You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/06/2021 9:05 am  #1

MNR/ OP Canoe on Bonnechere

We spent a couple days on the Gaga site of Bonnechere last week. While searching for firewood we came upon a stashed MNR/ park flat back aluminum canoe with some gear beneath it. I've come across a few of these on previous trips in various parts of the park. Usually near portages or access roads of some sort . This one  is strange in the fact it doesn't seem to be near any sort of access or trail. It is across the marsh on the east side of the gaga site . Perhaps they fly in for patrolling? Any other insight on it or has anyone come across this boat in the past? Always interesting finds .

10/06/2021 12:17 pm  #2

Re: MNR/ OP Canoe on Bonnechere

Could be used for fly in, or could be accessed via ATV and logging road that might have been just a bit out of sight. 

10/06/2021 12:53 pm  #3

Guessing fly in . Map shows no roads or trails in the area but you never know . Closest noted is on the south side of lake or near portage to Lost Shoe.  

10/08/2021 2:17 pm  #4

I stayed on Bonnechere in late August of this year and there were a couple of park wardens staying at a campsite on the lake. Looked like they were replacing thunder boxes at different sites on Big Porcupine as I saw them there before heading to Bonnechere. I'm guessing there is a lot of work going on at the park to justify the increase in park fees next year. 

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.