You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/24/2020 4:28 pm  #1

New paddle

So I just received this beautiful birthday present from my wife and kids. I’ve been lucky to have a number of great paddles over the years and, here goes the testing of fate, I’ve never broken one yet.

This one is from Fishell paddles. They are the Ray Kettlewell designs reborn by a new paddle maker. I got the modified special. I have another Kettlewell and I’m looking forward to seeing how this one handles once I can get out on the water. It has a leather wrap around the shaft which I’ve never tried before but is supposed to help with the gunnel banging. It also comes with a fancy paddle sock which is kind of cool. Hope you all have a great weekend.

4/24/2020 6:02 pm  #2

Re: New paddle

Happy birthday and nice paddle eh

4/24/2020 9:15 pm  #3

Beautiful paddle. Hopefully you'll get to give it some good use this season

Trip Reports & Campsite Pictures
algonquinbeyond.com

4/25/2020 6:16 am  #4

It’s a beaut. I love my Raykay and have been thinking about getting one of the Fishell paddles for a while as my current paddle is pretty banged up. Looking forward to hearing how your new one compares to your old one. Enjoy and happy birthday.

8/04/2020 9:57 am  #5

So after several days of paddling this year I can report that I’m very happy with the Fishell paddle. It’s a pleasure to use. My new favourite. If any of you are thinking of ordering one, I highly recommend.

9/23/2021 6:24 am  #6

If anyone is looking for a paddle Fishell is having a sale. I just got an email indicating everything is 10% off and the discount will apply at checkout. Sale finishes 30september.

I just went onto their website and it doesn’t appear the discount is being applied so you may have to email them to ensure you get your discount.

https://www.fishellpaddles.com/

9/23/2021 8:47 am  #7

The images don't appear for me (probably corporate firewall) but I got a "Ray Special" in cherry a couple years ago and share your appeal for the quality and feel.  I didn't get the leather wrap as I rarely make contact with the gunwale while paddling but the overall feel and balance is excellent.  I still prefer a wider and shorter blade but do enjoy the Ray Special when deepwater paddling.  Enjoy!

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.