You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/22/2021 10:22 am  #1

In remembrance of Chris Taylor

Chris Taylor has been a prolific contributor of reports to the Portage & Campsite Inventory. I am saddened to report that he passed away last week while on a solo paddling trip in Algonquin Park. I have been advised that he passed away peacefully, asleep in his tent.

9/22/2021 1:45 pm  #2

Re: In remembrance of Chris Taylor

Sad news. I don't know Chris but I'm willing go bet that if given the choice, that may have been where he would have wanted to enter Valhalla. RIP.

9/22/2021 5:25 pm  #3

With all due respect and sincere condolences to his loved ones and friends, that is about a best case scenario for punching one's ticket, in my book. Godspeed.

9/22/2021 7:33 pm  #4

9/23/2021 9:06 am  #5

Rest peacefully now. I also can't think of a better place to shuffle off this mortal coil

9/23/2021 5:48 pm  #6

Sorry to hear this. I’ve never interacted with Chris but I’ve come across his name many times while reading through the PCI. He clearly enjoyed and saw a lot of the Park and it sounds like he got to do what he loved right up til the end. May we all be so lucky.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.