You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/09/2021 7:43 pm  #1

Mcmanus lake questions .. and high falls ..

I had a question about McManus lake campsites 1, 2, 3, 4 ... (as per the PCI map on this site)

Would anyone know if any have decent swimming in front of the site ?  Sandy bottom ?  In addition all the sites look like a short paddle from the put in ... I have a novice paddler in a kayak coming along so I cant paddle too far.  Is it safe to say that those sites would be a short paddle ... very little current (I know its technically a lake but its also part of the river)... ?

One last question ...  .. for the High Falls slide ... I assume theres no issue this time of year with low water ?

Thanks 

8/10/2021 10:19 am  #2

Re: Mcmanus lake questions .. and high falls ..

Dead_Weight (DW) wrote:

I had a question about McManus lake campsites 1, 2, 3, 4 ... (as per the PCI map on this site)

Would anyone know if any have decent swimming in front of the site ?  Sandy bottom ?  In addition all the sites look like a short paddle from the put in ... I have a novice paddler in a kayak coming along so I cant paddle too far.  Is it safe to say that those sites would be a short paddle ... very little current (I know its technically a lake but its also part of the river)... ?

One last question ...  .. for the High Falls slide ... I assume theres no issue this time of year with low water ?

Thanks 

I have camped on site #3 and it is a sandy beach site with good swimming.  It is quite shallow to begin with.  It is about a 10 minute paddle to this site.   I haven't camped on any of the other sites.  I have no info on the High 
Falls slide.

CAMPING IS WHEN YOU SPEND A LOT OF MONEY TO LIVE LIKE A HOMELESS PERSON!

8/10/2021 11:22 am  #3

I’ve done the high falls slide in mid September with no problems. I imagine water levels around now are fine

8/11/2021 11:04 am  #4

Thanks guys ... 

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.