You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/24/2016 5:08 pm  #1

AFA Logging Schedule for 2016 question

Does anyone know when AFA publishes their annual work plan / schedule for Algonquin logging ?  I'm particularly interested (concerned) this year since my brother and I are planning on a new trip up north, launching out of access #25/Wendigo and heading south and back. Looks like AFA had some heavy logging (and logging routes) in that area last year and the last thing that we want is to spend a week with the sounds of logging traffic and chain saws.  Thanks for any/all feedback.

Andy W.

1/24/2016 9:56 pm  #2

Re: AFA Logging Schedule for 2016 question

Fairly late if I recall. Maybe April-ish?

I make paddling maps! – MapsByJeff.com

1/25/2016 9:01 am  #3

Yes. It's been available on the AFA website, previous years by the second week of April.

The current map is available at .. http://algonquinforestry.on.ca/wp-content/uploads/AWS_Webmap.pdf

It presently shows the 2015-2016 map which shows operations through to late March of this year  (end of winter).

I anticipate that the same link will download the new map once its available.

It's worth noting that the map sometimes gets updated after its original release. If you zoom in on the current PDF map's bottom-right corner, you'll see it has the comment "Revised: June 9, 2015". So don't forget to recheck the map just before you head out on a trip!

1/25/2016 11:34 am  #4

Thanks for the feedback !!  Fingers crossed

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.