You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/15/2021 10:04 pm  #1

Parkside Bay

I took the family down to Parkside Bay for an overnight last weekend. It may shock you to learn that it was busy. Every site was taken, and I saw at least one more group paddling around trying to find something. I'd never been to Parkside before. I liked it. We got a decent (if mildly buggy) site and the kids had a blast swimming from our own mini beach. Can't really ask for much more. The trip report is up now:

https://allofalgonquin.com/2021/07/15/parkside-bay/

Hope everyone is having a great July!

Drew

7/16/2021 7:28 am  #2

Re: Parkside Bay

Fantastic!!! All the work is worthwhile when a kid says "I love camping"
I like Parkside bay; did a trip there one year after knee surgery in mid-September. I did not like the way some sites were left; dirty socks and underwear on the ground and green wood cut and left lying.
I guess being that close to 60 you get that. We were on one of those point sites but there was only one other party on the lake so it wasn't too invasive. Back in the olden days when every site wasn't eternally booked. LOL

7/16/2021 9:57 pm  #3

Great trip!  I took my dog there for her first trip.  Great site, love how open it is inside the trees while still having the nice point and beach.  Makes me yearn to go back with my youngling when he can hold a paddle.

7/17/2021 11:37 pm  #4

I love reading your trip reports, 100% entertainment. Cute that your kids are outfitted in Keens. We had Keens for our son, even though they are impractical for a barely walking toddler but they are adorable. Until you take a hard buggy portage and find out out at the end that he's missing one shoe. I kind of hope somebody finds the missing shoe, somewhere downstream of Nahma/Craig Lake, and posts a lost and found notice.

I appreciate how much time you must have spent planning, packing, and then getting stuff cleaned and put away just to make this trip happen. All that work and anticipation is almost as fun as actually being out there, in my opinion.

7/21/2021 9:46 pm  #5

Thanks everyone. It was a great trip. Solos, I agree about the little keens, they're adorable. And, once the kids are actually a bit older, actually a pretty decent footwear option for the kids. You're also right, it's a ton of work getting everything ready and transported. I swear I work harder for an overnight with the kids than I do for a four day solo. 

It's definitely worth it though. The kids had a great time and so did we.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.