You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/12/2021 8:05 pm  #1

Source to Iris - Canada Day 2021

Finally got out! Ugh, that felt like a million years between trips.  One of the worst gaps I think I've ever felt.

We did get out though, so here's a quick rundown of an area I'm sure lots of you have been through without staying more than a few hours, despite being a hidden little adventure spot!  
https://iantendy.wordpress.com/2021/07/12/canada-day-2021/

7/13/2021 7:40 am  #2

Re: Source to Iris - Canada Day 2021

Nice report, thanks for sharing. Do you have any more pics of the eastern Owl site, or Iris? Those are the only two sites I haven't seen in the area from Source to Polly so am just a little curious

Trip Reports & Campsite Pictures
algonquinbeyond.com

7/13/2021 9:08 am  #3

I've got a video coming that has a pretty good site survey of both sites, so check back on the weekend for that (I hope!).  I'll try to remember to dig through my other pics tonight of Owl and try to upload them here though.
Here's a couple more from Iris from what I've got on hand, from where I'm standing in these it's basically the middle of the site (my blue portage pack doesn't really move around, so it's a good marker of where you are on the site).  Open to the front and denser in the back.

7/13/2021 9:09 am  #4

Awesome, thank you

Trip Reports & Campsite Pictures
algonquinbeyond.com

7/13/2021 1:43 pm  #5

I stayed on that 2nd site on Raven a few years back. As we were pulling up we were like, "What is that??"

Yup, Thunder box right in the site. When it was go time my buddy had to go for a walk in the woods just to get privacy. Weirdest placement of any site I've seen. 

7/13/2021 2:41 pm  #6

RCSpartan wrote:

I stayed on that 2nd site on Raven a few years back. As we were pulling up we were like, "What is that??"

Yup, Thunder box right in the site. When it was go time my buddy had to go for a walk in the woods just to get privacy. Weirdest placement of any site I've seen. 

You could use it as a cooking surface I guess.

7/13/2021 7:12 pm  #7

trippythings wrote:

Nice report, thanks for sharing. Do you have any more pics of the eastern Owl site, or Iris? Those are the only two sites I haven't seen in the area from Source to Polly so am just a little curious

More pics of the eastern Owl site:
upload and share image

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.