You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/23/2021 1:57 pm  #18

Re: Dickson Lake

My 5 fav sites on Dickson....

1.  First site to your left after doing the long portage.

2.  Small island in front of 1  above.

3.  Island campsite to your right heading for Cisco Bay.

4. Campsite on the left on the point of the narrows to Cisco Bay.

5.  Island campsite in Cisco Bay.

Of these 5 sites my favorite is 1 (flat and spacious) followed by 4.

CAMPING IS WHEN YOU SPEND A LOT OF MONEY TO LIVE LIKE A HOMELESS PERSON!

6/24/2021 8:26 pm  #19

Thanks for the info.

I'll be on Dickson on July 3rd and 4th and was looking at your sites #3-5 just based on the map so it's good to know I've got something to look forward to.

I'll try to get some stuff for the PCI.

6/25/2021 8:48 am  #20

keg, I'm leaving Dickson the day you arrive. I tend to get on the move quite early so I doubt we'll run into each other unless you're coming from the Animoosh direction. I'll likely be aiming for site 4 on Bo's list, so in case you end up there (and I do as well) I'll leave some firewood waiting for you!

6/26/2021 9:40 am  #21

I'm coming from McKaskill so I'll likely cross your path at some point.

6/26/2021 2:31 pm  #22

I'm headed for McKaskill, so we'll definitely run into each other somewhere!

6/26/2021 9:36 pm  #23

Can someone do me a favor and drop a trolling line into Animoosh?

Man, what I wouldn't give to be up there right now.

7/04/2021 4:25 am  #24

Okay, I paddled all over Dickson Lake looking at campsites. Here's my opinion:

Dickson campsites are basically all crap. While it was nice to be able to finally camp there, in the future I'll be going back to Lavieille rather than staying on Dickson. 

7/05/2021 8:38 am  #25

Thanks for input Uppa. Glad we understand your definition of sites for future suggestions. As there are plenty of great sites on Dickson.  Bo has it correct.

7/05/2021 9:01 am  #26

That may be why I prefaced it with "here's my opinion". You're certainly free to disagree, but you probably don't need to be so strangely confrontational while doing so. 

7/05/2021 9:32 am  #27

Uppa wrote:

Okay, I paddled all over Dickson Lake looking at campsites. Here's my opinion:

Dickson campsites are basically all crap. While it was nice to be able to finally camp there, in the future I'll be going back to Lavieille rather than staying on Dickson. 

Although I only stayed there once many years ago, I thought the Island site in Cisco Bay was nice.  That also could be because it was April and 20c and we were catching tons of fish lol. 

Last edited by BB (7/05/2021 9:51 am)

"Remember you belong to Nature, not it to you." - Grey Owl

7/05/2021 9:41 am  #28

Uppa wrote:

You're certainly free to disagree, but you probably don't need to be so strangely confrontational while doing so. 

lol right?

That aside.... I warned ya Bob!  ;)

7/05/2021 10:04 am  #29

BB wrote:

Although I only stayed there once many years ago, I thought the Island site in Cisco Bay was nice.  That also could be because it was April and 20c and we were catching tons of fish lol. 

I did not look at the Cisco Bay site. I meant to on my way out (was heading through Animoosh) but as usual with me, get-there-itis had set in and I didn't want to go out of my way. 

Peek wrote:

That aside.... I warned ya Bob!  ;)

I know, I know .

I did, finally, find a site I was pretty okay with. The take out wasn't great, access for swimming could have been easier, but the site itself was nice and it had great views. I'd almost run out of sites to look at when I found this one though!

Last edited by Uppa (7/05/2021 10:12 am)

7/05/2021 10:22 am  #30

fantastic shot!

7/05/2021 10:36 am  #31

Peek wrote:

fantastic shot!

Thanks. It's a screenshot from a video as taking a picture with a timer just sounds like a lot of work ;). I should have advanced forward a few more frames first - here's one with birds in it!

7/08/2021 10:18 pm  #32

I stayed on the cisco site and it was fine.  That said, I was a day behind schedule, exhausted, got their late and left early so I can't really make too much comment (or provide fancy pics like uppa).

8/17/2021 3:44 pm  #33

Bumping back to the OP's initial inquiry.. any recent intel from trippers who have been through Dickson?

8/18/2021 7:51 am  #34

FredForest wrote:

Bumping back to the OP's initial inquiry.. any recent intel from trippers who have been through Dickson?

Dickson was reopened for camping in mid June. I stayed there for a couple of nights shortly afterwards. I swam in the water, I drank the water, and aside from the third arm now growing out of my back (which I'm sure is just a coincidence) I'm completely fine. 

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.