You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/17/2021 6:01 am  #1

Basin Lake

Hey Everyone,

I went to Basin Lake over the weekend. It was a decent start to the camping season. It was a nice change of pace from my usual first trips of the year where I significantly underestimate how out of shape I've gotten over the winter and end up booking too long/hard a trip. Fortunately, that's impossible to do at Basin Lake.

Trip report is up now

https://allofalgonquin.com/2021/06/17/basin-lake/

6/18/2021 12:42 am  #2

Re: Basin Lake

Thanks AlgonquinLakes ..... Not often ya get ta read and enjoy pictures from Basin Lake . Thank-you !
Have paddled , snowshoed , skated and skied on Basin Lake ...have never swam there though .... a scared cat fer one of those lunker pike chewing off one of me toes .
If yer ever have the inclination to head back up that way again , giver a go in the fall or winter ... that's " Wolf Country "
A walk and a few nights spent on Foys Lake is well worth it , ya'll be greeted with one of the purdiest Jackpines on a pink granite shoerline facing West .

6/18/2021 7:32 am  #3

Thanks!!! I've done the "no portage let's bring the cooler" trip and it's fun!!
I have a small Aliner trailer now for car camping--(my wife refuses to sleep on the ground ever again) and I was wondering if it might be possible to get that trailer up the road to that Buck lake site you mentioned?

6/18/2021 7:45 am  #4

Thanks! It really was fun to not have to think about gear weight at all.

As for the camper, youu wouldn’t be able to get it to the site I was on, that’s separated from the lot by a footpath. As for getting it to the parking lot site, the road is pretty narrow and does have some twists on top of everything else.  If I was going to take a small camper to the area I’d probably go up to Buck lake and set up there.

Last edited by AlgonquinLakes (6/18/2021 7:46 am)

6/18/2021 9:28 am  #5

AlgonquinLakes wrote:

Thanks! It really was fun to not have to think about gear weight at all.

As for the camper, youu wouldn’t be able to get it to the site I was on, that’s separated from the lot by a footpath. As for getting it to the parking lot site, the road is pretty narrow and does have some twists on top of everything else. If I was going to take a small camper to the area I’d probably go up to Buck lake and set up there.

Excellent!!! I think that might just be added to the agenda for this season.
​Thanks

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.