You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/20/2021 4:54 pm  #1

Is crown land still off limits?

The announcement today allows golf , basketball , baseball n pickle ball ! But no mention of crown land camping even if it's within your own allowed area of travel?  I understand that people will travel outside of thier zones to camp , but what's to stop me to travel to a golf course in the GTA ?
With no reproccusions because it's allowed ? Double standards ?

5/20/2021 8:01 pm  #2

Re: Is crown land still off limits?

Probably safe to assume that crown land and provincial park camping is off the table until at least June 2, possibly June 14. But who knows, that could change.

5/21/2021 1:50 pm  #3

The reg that covers can be found here:  https://www.ontario.ca/laws/regulation/210288   They put a sunset on it to expire on June 2 unless renewed.  

5/22/2021 5:21 am  #4

Its a shame that more politicians and rich people play golf than camp.

Last edited by ATVenture (5/22/2021 5:21 am)

5/22/2021 6:17 am  #5

ATVenture wrote:

Its a shame that more politicians and rich people play golf than camp.

I’m not a golfer but I find it amusing that golf has found its way to the Center of a lot of this discussion despite the wide range of activities they actually allowed.

1. Parks and recreational areas.
2. Baseball diamonds.
3. Batting cages.
4. Soccer, football and sports fields.
5. Tennis, platform tennis, table tennis and pickleball courts.
6. Basketball courts.
7. B:M:Xparks.
8. Skate parks.
9. Golfcourses and driving ranges.
10. Frisbee golflocations.
11. Cycling tracks and bike trails.
12. Horse riding facilities.
13. Shooting ranges, including those operated by rod and gun clubs.
14. Ice rinks.
15. Tobogganing hills.
16. Snowmobile, cross country ski,_ dogsledding, ice skating and snow shoe trails.
17. Playgrounds.
18. Portions of parks or recreational areas containing outdoor fitness equipment.
19. Archery ranges.
20. Boat and watercraft launches.
21. Lawn game courts, including lawn bowling, bocce and croquet courts.

5/22/2021 12:10 pm  #6

wetfoot30 wrote:

The announcement today allows golf , basketball , baseball n pickle ball ! But no mention of crown land camping even if it's within your own allowed area of travel?  I understand that people will travel outside of thier zones to camp , but what's to stop me to travel to a golf course in the GTA ?

I am surrounded by crown land as far as I know, it is still off limits.
Sitting on a local river trip waiting for things to change.
Last year a few restaurants in the Collinwood and other areas were checking proff of address, to bad the government did not make this a condition of opening.

5/27/2021 8:28 pm  #7

Is there a" remain at home" order still in place beyond June 1st? If not, can we camp on crown land on June 2nd ?
I can't find any clarification about this as of today . If anyone has , please let us know .

5/28/2021 8:19 am  #8

wetfoot30 wrote:

Is there a" remain at home" order still in place beyond June 1st? If not, can we camp on crown land on June 2nd ?
I can't find any clarification about this as of today . If anyone has , please let us know .

Our bookings for early June have not been cancelled, just an email saying they might be cancelled. As said earlier in this thread the ptb likely are waiting to see if the long weekend produces a spike. If that is the case then I don't expect to see any camping opening until at least the 2nd week of June.

5/28/2021 8:45 am  #9

Rob wrote:

wetfoot30 wrote:

The announcement today allows golf , basketball , baseball n pickle ball ! But no mention of crown land camping even if it's within your own allowed area of travel? I understand that people will travel outside of thier zones to camp , but what's to stop me to travel to a golf course in the GTA ?

I am surrounded by crown land as far as I know, it is still off limits.
Sitting on a local river trip waiting for things to change.
Last year a few restaurants in the Collinwood and other areas were checking proff of address, to bad the government did not make this a condition of opening.

Doing so on their own is one thing but I don't think putting the onus on the small business to police the lockdown would be well received. Don't think the Gov't would like the optics of that and I think the press and Opposition would have a field day with it.

Dave

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.