You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/19/2021 7:23 pm  #1

i did a quick tour today. beauty day for a drive to algonquin and back

while out for a drive i noticed new york state plates on a truck parked at the smoke lake west parking area. like how can this happen.
    borders closed, you and i cannot access algonquin without breaking covid protocol.  i really do not understand, especially after having  two reservations cancelled on me so far this spring. u.s. canada border loop hole or what. 
  side bar,, the black flies are brutal for now,  

5/19/2021 8:07 pm  #2

Re: i did a quick tour today. beauty day for a drive to algonquin and back

Face it. The borders are only closed to those willing to give a rats ass. My neighbours  just got back from Florida. Can't camp in the Park or anywhere for that matter but I fly to Mexico if I wanted. Seems legit...

5/19/2021 8:11 pm  #3

Too bad about the bugs.

Don’t jump to any conclusions about the license plates. Could be any number of explanations.

5/20/2021 5:33 am  #4

Two weeks until we can go camping (assuming the lockdown doesn't get extended again), here's hoping the black flies have started tapering a little bit by then - or failing there, here's hoping it's windy!

As Jdbonney said, a New York plate in and of itself doesn't mean a great deal. For all we know they've  emigrated to Canada and live in Huntsville. 

5/20/2021 6:07 am  #5

Uppa wrote:

Two weeks until we can go camping (assuming the lockdown doesn't get extended again), here's hoping the black flies have started tapering a little bit by then - or failing there, here's hoping it's windy!

As Jdbonney said, a New York plate in and of itself doesn't mean a great deal. For all we know they've  emigrated to Canada and live in Huntsville. 

I kind of have a feeling that later on today we are going to find out that camping will open sooner than we think (tuesday to be exact) - same goes for golf and most other outdoor activities. 

Last edited by ATVenture (5/20/2021 6:08 am)

5/20/2021 7:03 am  #6

My reservation in a PP starting that day was cancelled yesterday for whatever that info is worth. I'll believe the opening when it happens.

Meanwhile, fussing over the garden and chasing rabbits.

5/20/2021 9:13 am  #7

Uppa wrote:

true enough, my work truck for one company was registered in Texas because that's where head office was. It also served as my personal vehicle. I used to laugh at the people looking in the window for a cowboy hat...

5/21/2021 7:34 am  #8

Its gotta be tough driving through the park and not being able to camp ... thats torture !!

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.