You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/17/2021 11:04 am  #35

Re: Lockdown extension?

And just like that I got my cancellation email. Someone from Ontario parks must have been reading this discussion!

5/17/2021 11:59 am  #36

I know the feeling Austin, got my cancelation today also. That is number three for me. Waiting to see what will happen with my June 6th reservation. 

5/17/2021 3:09 pm  #37

kokko61 wrote:

I know the feeling Austin, got my cancelation today also. That is number three for me. Waiting to see what will happen with my June 6th reservation. 

This is number 2. I have a June 11th reservation and hopefully they make a favourable decision for outdoor activities starting June 2nd. For the sake of many small businesses (including my own) being able to use outdoor spaces again would be a huge relief on not only peoples’ mental and physical health but also on the wallet!

FINGERS CROSSED!!

5/17/2021 4:21 pm  #38

I have a really good hunch that outdoor activities will be opening June 2. Over half of eligible recipients have a vaccine shot now and it appears at least 2/3 (maybe even 70%) should have it by June 2. From what I gather outdoor activities will be the first restrictions loosened so I would be shocked if (backcountry) camping is further delayed. Here’s hoping!!

5/17/2021 8:19 pm  #39

5/18/2021 1:01 pm  #40

Is it just me or does this thing seem even longer as the weather gets nicer ?  You just feel like you are missing out ... If I was advising Ford I would say this ... 

1) open up backcountry camping this week
2) open up full camping next week
3)  free beer for all those over the age of 50 (nothing to do with covid .. i just want free beer)

good plan ?

5/18/2021 1:23 pm  #41

Dead_Weight (DW) wrote:

Is it just me or does this thing seem even longer as the weather gets nicer ?  You just feel like you are missing out ... If I was advising Ford I would say this ... 

1) open up backcountry camping this week
2) open up full camping next week
3)  free beer for all those over the age of 50 (nothing to do with covid .. i just want free beer)

good plan ?

That definitely works for me.  I turned 50 this year!

5/18/2021 2:40 pm  #42

Dead_Weight (DW) wrote:

good plan ?

To make it fair 1 free beer for every year you are past 50 and none of that buck a beer crap either.

5/19/2021 6:13 am  #43

Well, 2 weeks until my trip and it hasn't been cancelled (scheduled to arrive June 2nd).

Here's hoping! 

5/19/2021 8:19 am  #44

@Mulder, I think the lockdown is until June 2nd inclusive. Might want to check on that.

5/19/2021 10:18 am  #45

Mulder wrote:

Well, 2 weeks until my trip and it hasn't been cancelled (scheduled to arrive June 2nd).

Here's hoping! 

You may have timed it perfectly!

"Remember you belong to Nature, not it to you." - Grey Owl

5/19/2021 11:19 am  #46

RCSpartan wrote:

@Mulder, I think the lockdown is until June 2nd inclusive. Might want to check on that.

Yes, I just got the partial cancellation email. Says I can change to Thursday the 3rd if I want.

5/20/2021 11:18 am  #47

its not that far away anymore ... 

5/20/2021 11:25 am  #48

The only reservation I have left now starts on June 28th.  Surely this one will not get cancelled.  Celebrating Canada Day in AP is a ritual of mine.

CAMPING IS WHEN YOU SPEND A LOT OF MONEY TO LIVE LIKE A HOMELESS PERSON!

5/20/2021 2:32 pm  #49

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/here-s-how-ontario-plans-to-reopen-over-the-summer-months-1.5436737
According to this as per todays announcement camping will be banned until at least June 14.

5/20/2021 2:34 pm  #50

From the Globe article on Ontario's reopening plan:

"The first step, which the province estimates could begin by June 14, requires 60 per cent of adults to be vaccinated with one dose. Ontario has already hit 57.6 per cent of first doses. This phase focuses on low-risk activities, and would allow outdoor gatherings of up to 10 people, outdoor dining of four people per table, outdoor sports of 10 people, essential retail (such as grocery stores) to operate at 25-per-cent capacity, and non-essential retail to reopen to shopping at 15-per-cent capacity. Day camps, campsites, Ontario Parks, and horse and motor racing would also be allowed outdoors, and all construction can open."

I'm hoping that June 14 date is a very cautious estimate. If we need to be at 60% vaccinated to move into phase 1 and we're already at 57.6, we're going to be through 60% before the end of May. I don't see why they'd wait til mid June to open camping at that point.  

5/20/2021 3:06 pm  #51

I haven’t seen it written but I listened to the broadcast and they seemed
To be saying that we needed to wait 2 weeks after the 60% threshold so that all of that 60% have the benefit of the vaccine as it takes about 2-3 weeks to build up after the jab. I think they expect the 60% by end of may and then on or about June 14 is when all of those people will have some protection from the vaccine.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.