You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/21/2015 9:57 am  #1

TOURduPARK.com - New Ruin Added! The Power House

Hey all!

I've added another ruin to my website - this one is really cool!

The Power House on Windermere Creek

This is probably the coolest ruin site I've come across so far. It has everything, and unlike most other ruins sites in Algonquin - this is likely not related to the logging industry. I have no information on this history of this ruin however ongoing research is being conducted. A was tipped off about this location by a friend who had come across it nearly 20 year ago. There was a big difference in what was described to me versus what was actually there when I found it - it's amazing what 20 years of decay can do! This building was standing as of 1998 but sometime between then and now it had collapsed. Usually ruins can withstand the test of time for a little longer, but the presence of constantly moving water likely contributed to the expedited demise of this amazing piece of history. If you are camping on Little Cauchon Lake - take a day trip up the Windermere portage - you will not be disappointed.

Happy Exploring!

Last edited by Peek (8/21/2015 10:53 am)

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.