You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/25/2021 5:10 pm  #1

Stag to Tim river

Hi there,
I'm wondering if anyone has 'recently' been through the portage from the Tim River to Stag lake (and then on through Devine, Ranger, High Dam Pond, Sittingman, etc)?

The note on Jeff's Map makes it sound rough - but that note is a few years old now...

2/25/2021 6:00 pm  #2

Re: Stag to Tim river

Went through last October. The trails are faint and at times (especially coming up form the Tim) it can be difficult to know if you're actually still on it. They definitely meet the definition of 'rough' and could use some TLC. The portages between Devine and Longbow are also pretty rough, but they're short enough that it shouldn't be too much of a problem. All trails between Longbow and Stag were mucky af.. do not expect to keep you feet dry.

2/25/2021 6:43 pm  #3

Re: Stag to Tim river

Our feet typically get wet on first entry into the canoe in the morning and stay that way until camp is set up, so that isn't a problem.  I can almost manage to get lost in my own home, so a faint trail may pose a problem...

Thanks Peek!

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.