You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/03/2021 7:43 pm  #18

Re: WIA#427

?

We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it.
 - George Washington Sears

2/03/2021 8:48 pm  #19

Grand Lake.

2/03/2021 10:10 pm  #20

O.K.  We're making some progress but we're not there yet.  The painting posted by Shawn -- View over a Lake, Autumn -- is from 1916 and is of Grand Lake, but it's not the painting we had in mind nor is Grand Lake the location we're looking for.
The photo I posted was taken mid summer; the TT painting was painted in the spring.

2/04/2021 11:47 am  #21

Took a shot with Grand Bob as I know TT painted a lot in that area in 1916 .. so wild guess..

How about Carcajou?

Last edited by ShawnD (2/04/2021 11:51 am)

We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it.

2/04/2021 3:42 pm  #22

No, not Carcajou.  But I could almost confuse the name I'm looking for with Carajou.  (An no, it is not Little Carcajou, either.)

2/04/2021 4:14 pm  #23

Hmmm 🤔

It must be Cauchon then and this is the TT Painting

2/04/2021 4:48 pm  #24

Really close.  I couldn't craft that last hint without it being slightly misleading.  Think red pines.

2/04/2021 5:00 pm  #25

Ahhh..Ok...Little Cauchon for the win? Lol.

and have you considered the possibility that Diana might be right? 

Last edited by ShawnD (2/05/2021 2:27 pm)

2/04/2021 6:35 pm  #26

ShawnD wrote:

Ahhh..Ok...Little Cauchon for the win? Lol.

and have you considered the possibility the Diana might be right? 

Yes that subject does come up occasionally.
And yes it is Little Cauchon Lake.  And the campsite from which that shot was from taken is, I believe, a favorite of Peek.  (Well, at the very least, he has stayed there.)
You're up Shawn.  It's up to you to figure out how to number it.

2/05/2021 9:02 am  #27

rgcmce wrote:

And yes it is Little Cauchon Lake.  And the campsite from which that shot was from taken is, I believe, a favorite of Peek.  (Well, at the very least, he has stayed there.)
You're up Shawn.  It's up to you to figure out how to number it.

You know, I looked at the original photo at least a dozen times, thinking 'I know where this is' but just could not place it. Now that the answer is out there - I'm thinking 'of courrrrrse!' And I do like that campsite, very much. 

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.