You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/17/2021 10:48 am  #1

Fat biking in APP

Hi all,

Planning a trip Feb 13-17, likely will camp at the airfield. Wanna mix it up this year and bring the fat bikes.

Does anyone have suggestions for fat biking in APP?

My plan was the Rail Trail. However, wondering if anyone has other suggestions... wondering about Minnesing trail, Sunday Lake trail...

Cheers
Marko

1/17/2021 12:38 pm  #2

Re: Fat biking in APP

Minnesing is a ski trail in winter. No bikes allowed.

1/18/2021 1:04 pm  #3

i like this idea....this is a summer fatbike trip....but might be interesting winter either by fatbike OR snowshoe/ski  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O23Qyonzf8

1/18/2021 2:43 pm  #4

Love this video however  pretty risky business. I'm surprised they haven't been pinched after posting this online . Technically  trespassing on CN property.  A trip like this is best kept on the down low IMO. However I would like to see the park  embrace this activity and perhaps open up the area more for back country bikepack trips like this. This sport is definitely  gaining popularity.  We did a road/ trail bikepack trip a few years ago along 60. Was a great ride!!.

1/18/2021 3:20 pm  #5

I agree this is shady. But also awesome. 

I was planning the Mew Lake airfield for Feb, and TBD for March. This may be one of the trips... there's gonna be waaay too much powder for fat bike, but snowshoe/XC... Hmmmmmmm... Thanks for sharing!! 

This is great. I'm excited. I think it's on. 
M

1/18/2021 4:49 pm  #6

Marko. In my experience the trails near Mew are well packed and some track set for skiing. I've seen plenty of fatbikes both on the old rail trail and track and tower in this area.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.