You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/05/2021 1:35 pm  #1

For the canoeist who has everything

Here's a fun little something I'll be happy to drop in the mail for you.  It took my sister and I a loooooong time to clean out  our dad's house.  At some point along the way, I found these on a shelf in his office, which I thought somebody might like to see, have, hold, and cherish.

1) A tri-fold pamphlet/catalog by Grumman from 1978.  The cover has a bearded guy standing at waters' edge, next to his trusty Grumman.  He's wearing a red flannel shirt, jeans, a broad brimmed hat, paddle in one hand, cigarette in the other.  In the background is his tent, ugly orange with a tent pole holding it up in the front, pup-tent style.  This little tri-fold covers all the Grumman offerings that year, from 13-20 feet wilderness battleships, double-enders, square enders, a sailing rig (not pictured unfortunately), and ones made of Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic (new!).   It is actually pretty neat to look through their models.  DE13-20 = "Double End", 13-20 foot models.  SD15-20 = "Shallow Draft", 15-20 foot models (for all your whitewater needs), SS15-19 = "Square Stern", 15-19 foot modes, and you can guess what FRP16-18 is.  All the dimensions are given as well, so that's neat.

2) A one page sales sheet from a marina that used to exist nearby, showing the pricing for their complete line of Lincoln canoes.  This would also have been from the late 1970's.  This is just a photocopy sheet the store used.

3) a sales brochure-type one-pager (front/back) from Lincoln Canoe.  This is the black-and-white cheapee version of a sales catalog, with all their models and dimensions given on the back.  There are photos and brief write up, kind of like a spec sheet.  Their hulls were either fiberglass or kevlar - your choice I guess.  Also late 1970's.

If you'd like these three little gems, just reply to the post saying you'd like them, and I'll go with the first replier who wants them.  I'll acknowledge the "winner" here, and then we'll do the PM thing to get an address.  It will probably take me a few days to get it mailed to you.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.