You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/24/2020 12:14 am  #18

Re: Frequently Asked Questions About Algonquin

Hooray for LNT!

Except I personally like to leave a bit of kindling material and wood for the next person.

Re: "Terrain characteristics and field conditions will vary with the season, weather and passage of time. Anticipate and be prepared for adversity," - ho ho HAHAHA hee ho! You mean like beaver activity (which can change how things look) and washouts?!?! Hahaha.

I had a quick look at the FAQ and noticed that key words like "weather" and "unpredictable" do not appear... ah, close together.

Also with the recent (1980's onwards?) appearance of giardia and now "boil water advisories" I'm personally kind of big on words like "bottled" and algae and cyanobacteria and stuff like that. And the can and bottle ban which presumably does not include small plastic bottles - I'm still not sure about that.

Full disclosure: the business of little animals possibily inhabiting a dead-looking tree has not previously occurred to me. My bad!

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.