You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/18/2020 5:20 pm  #1

Photos from 3-night get-away to Pen Lake

Just took a pocket camera, on a lazy September get-away to Pen Lake ..

Tent-site on the north island ...

The camera has a "panorama" feature that I'd never tried before. It involves panning across the view and the camera recording a sequence of images automatically, which it also automatically "stitches" together.

It doesn't have the highest "definition", but does capture the "wide angle" (if you scroll over to the right) ...

Here's the view from the campsite, looking due north back to the portage from Rock Lake ...

Most of the days were overcast. cold, and windy .. so I chose to explore the island and photograph some of its fungi ...

This glacial erratic had a dominating presence in the forest ...

As the luck-of-the-weather would have it, the day of departure finally had blue skies! ...

Couldn't resist trying out the camera's "panoramic" feature on the rock face east of the Rock Lake road ...

While the pocket camera's "panoramic" feature was interesting, I think that in the future I'll stick to taking separate overlapping shots and "stitching" them in the photo editor!

9/18/2020 10:22 pm  #2

Re: Photos from 3-night get-away to Pen Lake

Great pics Barry! Looks like you had some awesome weather eh?

9/19/2020 6:09 am  #3

In your 3rd pic, to the right you can see the rock outcrop that marks a site that I particularly enjoyed for its relative proximity and not being on the main route.

I could use a quick break but it doesn't bode well for me this year. Thanks for the pictures - it helps.

9/24/2020 3:28 pm  #4

Hey Barry, great pictures.  I love that rock face on Fisher L.  Seems to me it has always had sun on it every time I pass by.  I am sure with photo editing you could produce the same or better shot but that picture you have pretty much captures it for me.  

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.