You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/23/2020 1:38 pm  #1

Need a canoe ride to site on Booth Lake

Hi everyone I asked someone at Algonquin Bound this question and they didn’t know of any. I had a trip booked with a buddy for 4 nights starting today. I got hurt beforehand and and had to cancel because canoeing is not motion I can do without having discomfort.  My buddy changed the rental to a solo canoe and off he went. I figured hey maybe I can join him for a full day and stay a night but issue is me getting to the site. Is there a service provided by an outfitter that would canoe me on Booth Lake to the site in the morning and then next day later in afternoon canoe me back to my car. I’m just wondering if there is.

9/23/2020 3:20 pm  #2

Re: Need a canoe ride to site on Booth Lake

I highly doubt that service exists. The logistics involved would prove this to be difficult seeing as you can't paddle and it would likely be very expensive. I'd say the outfitter would be in the best position to know. 

9/23/2020 3:35 pm  #3

If it was Opeongo, you could get a water taxi, but no there is no water taxi - especially not a manually propelled one - to get you from the Shall Lake access to a site on Booth across 2 portages and a few hours paddling. 

9/23/2020 3:52 pm  #4

Booth and back to the car 2 days straight is almost getting to be a long day but it might be worth mentioning it on a few Crackbook (err FaceBook) groups. You never know, you might get lucky and find a local who likes to paddle and doesn't mind making a couple hundred bucks.
If I lived in the area, you could probably talk me into it.

9/23/2020 8:16 pm  #5

Thanks everyone for replies I knew I was screwed but I thought I’d give it a try.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.