You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/08/2020 5:01 pm  #1

Number One lake

Was going to suggest Number One to some friends who want to avoid car camping but don't have a ton of experience.  I have hiked to the ridge of the portage to Number One and it seemed nice enough but someone was on the site so didn't get to see it.  Can anyone tell me if the site has a decent fire pit and tent area?  Also, is the traffic noise really obvious or is it blocked a bit by the ridge?

9/08/2020 8:36 pm  #2

Re: Number One lake

Here's a couple pics from a video I took of the site.  It's a pretty nice spot actually and the noise would be minimal I would think.  It has one large area for a tent pad where you could likely get a few tents.  I timed it and it's a 2 minute walk from the lot to the site as well.

9/09/2020 10:16 am  #3

Thanks Steve, just what i was looking for!  Looks like you and your dad picked a nice day to visit 

9/09/2020 12:46 pm  #4

No problem at all!  Ya sure wasn't the greatest, but in all honesty I love drizzly, moody days in the park...not sure why but I do!

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.