You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/10/2020 3:56 pm  #1

How do permits works now?

Hi everyone,

I could have sworn that permits were print only now and that permit holders are to receive an email 7 days prior to their trip on instructions. My trip is coming up Sunday and nothing yet. What exactly do I need to bring? No check in correct and just print the confirmation letter? This is backcountry on western uplands if that matters. For some reason I can't seem to find this information any more . . .

Thanks,

Last edited by human (8/10/2020 3:56 pm)

8/10/2020 5:55 pm  #2

Re: How do permits works now?

I have a trip next Sunday and received my permit by email yesterday.

8/10/2020 7:37 pm  #3

I have a trip this Wednesday and have not received any permit by email.

There's a note on my confirmation letter that says you just need to print the confirmation and keep that with you.

https://i.postimg.cc/wv1vwqVP/Screen-Shot-2020-08-10-at-8-35-06-PM.png

^ I wasn't emailed my confirmation letter, but I was able to view it by logging in to my account and finding it in the reservation.

I called the park to confirm and they said that's correct, just keep a copy of the confirmation with me. They also said for your vehicle, you can leave a hand written note on the dash with your booking number and name so you don't need to leave the full permit with all your information.

Trip Reports & Campsite Pictures
algonquinbeyond.com

8/10/2020 7:55 pm  #4

Yup we just got back on Friday and chatted with 2 wardens at the put in.  The original receipt and confirmation you get from booking is your permit.  I never did receive another email before the trip (although it said I would).  Also, no permits are needed for vehicles currently.  You can still opt to go to the permit office if you choose but that is up to you.

8/10/2020 9:03 pm  #5

Thanks everyone, that makes me feel better. Kinda nice not to have to check in but I guess it sucks for folks hoping for no shows.

8/10/2020 10:18 pm  #6

I doubt there are many no shows with free cancellation.

8/11/2020 7:25 am  #7

There's no such thing as a no show this season. Since you don't need to check in, and you can arrive at your site late in the evening, by the time a ranger was able to 'guarantee' the site was vacant it would already be the end of the day.

Trip Reports & Campsite Pictures
algonquinbeyond.com

8/11/2020 4:37 pm  #8

Yeah that's my point, if you are hoping that people won't show up it's not going to happen since there's no one to check in with. The site could be vacant and no one would know . . .

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.