You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/11/2020 9:35 am  #1

Kiosk loop!

Hi again,

It's been a bit of a year trying to coordinate a trip but come heck of high water I'm heading into the park.

I just booked:
-Kiosk -> Manitou by way of Amable du Fond
-Rest
-Rest
-Manitou - > 3 Mile by way of the 2900m portage
-Rest
-3 Mile -> Maple 
-Rest
-Out by way of Maple Creek

Was thinking about taking a trip out to the falls by North Tea but other than that I've got no real set plans.  Anyone got any secret vistas or favorite spots along this route?

As always, feel free to stop by if you're in the area.  We're travelling with a grey canoe and will have a Canada flag out front of our site.

Thanks,

Ian

8/11/2020 9:51 am  #2

Re: Kiosk loop!

With two rest days on Manitou, you would regret not checking out Kakasamic creek. Lost Light Falls (new name, premiering on Unlostify Algonquin) is pretty dope too. Have a great trip!

8/11/2020 12:03 pm  #3

So what’s the story with the naming of lost light falls

8/11/2020 12:20 pm  #4

I did this exact loop 5 years ago, if you haven't read my trip report you might find it helpful: https://algonquinbeyond.com/trip-reports/four-days-in-north-algonquin/

Trip Reports & Campsite Pictures
algonquinbeyond.com

8/11/2020 12:31 pm  #5

Great notes, thanks!
Also seconding a need for details on Lost Light!  I'm not holding my breath for Jeff to drop his delicious cartography just before I head out.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.