You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/12/2020 4:06 pm  #1

Repair Tape

What's everyone's go-to for repair tape?  I've always used Tenacious Tape and it's been fantastic however I'm in need of the clear stuff and can't seem to find it at the moment.  I'm looking to repair a tent canopy that seems to be deteriorating.  Has anyone tried the Tear-Aid or Gorilla Clear Repair tape?

7/12/2020 4:09 pm  #2

Re: Repair Tape

The peel and stick ripstop tape sold by Coghlan's works well for fabric repair. Round the corners before applying for better long-term adhesion.

7/12/2020 4:14 pm  #3

Thanks Gord I’ll have a look.  The tent has a ton of little holes - almost like it’s deteriorating so I’ll need a fair bit of the stuff.  Thanks for the suggestion.

7/12/2020 4:29 pm  #4

t tape is what i use

7/12/2020 9:44 pm  #5

Gorilla Clear tape can be good for some jobs. I've used it for a long-term seam repair on a folding skin-on-frame kayak at waterline where hypalon rubber meets the canvas deck. I was surprised at how well it adhered. That repair job, however, hasn't been given a follow-up testing in wet and rough conditions. Tear-Aid is in another category altogether, i.e. much more expensive per inch of tape. I've used it for long-term repairs on awnings, tents, bug netting, canvas, and nylon clothing. It behaves a lot like Tenacious Tape. I like it a lot and usually carry some in my repair kit. There are two kinds: one for vinyl and one for just about everything else.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.