You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/30/2020 6:37 am  #18

Re: A way to find available number of campsites with the new system!

I think some of you are just overthinking things- It simply might be that the new bosses (The ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks) wants to put their own spin on what the MNR  had.
Rarely have I seen it ever work the way new managers planned, and it sadly takes years to get back what you lost.

Last edited by scoutergriz (6/30/2020 6:37 am)

6/30/2020 9:43 am  #19

Do not forget to drop a note to the Minister of the Environment, conservation and Parks, Jeff Yurek and let him know how you feel.

Ministry office
Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks
5th Floor
777 Bay St.
Toronto, ON 
M7A 2J3
Tel.416-314-6790

Constituency office
Suite 201
750 Talbot St.
St. Thomas, ON
N5P 1E2
jeff.yurekco@pc.ola.org
Tel.519-631-0666
Fax519-631-9478
Toll free1-800-265-7638

6/30/2020 10:49 am  #20

scoutergriz wrote:

I think some of you are just overthinking things- It simply might be that the new bosses (The ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks) wants to put their own spin on what the MNR  had.
Rarely have I seen it ever work the way new managers planned, and it sadly takes years to get back what you lost.

you're likely right.. where I get a bit lost though is I'm pretty sure my 17 yr old son could write the code to display the information this afternoon.. maybe I expect too much..

We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it.
 - George Washington Sears

6/30/2020 3:14 pm  #21

Ok so i did just take my son through the code for fun and he said it's a very simple modification.. so a grade 11  student could do it very easily.. mind you I think he got 98% in his last coding course but still..

He said if they don't update it he could likely create something external to the site.. would take a little bit longer but confident he could do it.

So in summary I'm not sure CAMIS is really attacking the problem..

We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it.
 - George Washington Sears

7/02/2020 8:52 pm  #22

The hack is great, I tried it the other day and after a bit of grumbling, it worked well. Not as convenient as the old way but way better than nothing.

My mole at OP told me that they have been able to see availability all along in the back end. No disrespect to your coder kid but it is likely a matter of someone just flipping a switch so we can see it.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.