You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/24/2020 2:16 pm  #18

Re: Sleeping pad

trippythings wrote:

From what I hear, Thermarest is the way to go. I own a couple Klymit Static V and I'm perfectly happy with them. Much more budget friendly, extremely compact and lightweight, and I personally find it really comfy. It doesn't have the best R value compared to more expensive options, but I've used it as low as -1 degree celcius with a good winter sleeping bag and had no issues. If you're looking for budget, I'd highly recommend it; if you're looking for the best, probably worth sticking with Thermarest.

There is a Static V Insulated version with an R-value of 4.4 while still remaining very light and small but it's not the best for side sleepers. I'm a medium sized dude and it's fine at the beginning of the night but contraction due to cold would have my hip touching the ground by the middle of the night. It wasn't terribly durable either. Lasted me < 3 yrs despite being in a hammock 90% of the time. The seams are fine but micro-abrasions in multiple places now prevent it from holding air. Klymit was willing to replace it if I wanted though so good on them. I declined - upgraded to a Thermarest NeoAir Xlite and there's no looking back.

6/24/2020 7:46 pm  #19

Thanks everyone. I ended up getting the thermarest neoair uberlite. I’d gone in to get the xlite but they had the uberlite on sale so I decided to try it. Also, it’s the size of a pop can. Hopefully I don’t put a hole in it the first night.😀

6/24/2020 9:28 pm  #20

We’ll need a review!!

6/24/2020 9:43 pm  #21

I bought the uberlite as soon as it came out. No issues so far and I’m not overly gentle on my stuff.  My large version is less than 12 ozs. I think you should really like it.

We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it.
 - George Washington Sears

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.