You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/16/2020 3:42 pm  #1

Fees

Hi,

Is there an additional fee to book online?

When booking in person, is there a fee added on top of the $12.43.  It says taxes included but i'm just curious if they're added other fees on top of that.

Thanks!

6/16/2020 7:40 pm  #2

Re: Fees

$9.73+tax when booking online.

Fair enough for the 90 minutes of "enjoyment" I spent trying to get it to work.

6/16/2020 7:51 pm  #3

No fee for booking in person

6/16/2020 8:32 pm  #4

keg wrote:

$9.73+tax when booking online.

Fair enough for the 90 minutes of "enjoyment" I spent trying to get it to work.

Lol.

Tried to just change 1 lake on my trip starting Thurs and the system just wouldn’t let me do it.

Got the big spiralling circle of keep waiting 

So 50 mins on hold to change lake a to lake b.

We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it.
 - George Washington Sears

6/19/2020 8:59 pm  #5

Fun fact, now they're charging for additional cars that are being parked in the lot.  Never had that before, but the 8 day trip I've got over Civic holiday was going to be another 75$.

Gotta pay for the updates to the system I guess...

6/19/2020 10:04 pm  #6

The extra parking fee is crazy, we had 3 cars on a 6 person permit last year and that's a huge expense this year

Last edited by TrevaH (6/19/2020 10:05 pm)

6/20/2020 5:21 am  #7

It's also seriously tone deaf in the present circumstances. Good job Ontario Parks, encourage people from different households to share an enclosed space for hours in order to save on parking fees!

6/20/2020 12:01 pm  #8

IanTendy wrote:

Fun fact, now they're charging for additional cars that are being parked in the lot.  Never had that before, but the 8 day trip I've got over Civic holiday was going to be another 75$.

Still waiting on the updates though! :D.
When you have 9 person site capacity, there should be at least a 2 car allowance.

6/20/2020 1:31 pm  #9

nvm wrote:

IanTendy wrote:

Still waiting on the updates though! :D.
When you have 9 person site capacity, there should be at least a 2 car allowance.

You should cheat the system by renting a schoolbus to carry 9 people plus gear, then take up the equivalent of 5 spots at the parking ground.

Not that I agree with the fees for extra vehicles, but if they switch over to the flat fee per night regardless of group size (which, as someone who mostly camps solo I would absolutely hate), then you'd be saving money on permit fees if you do a trip with >4 people, which is also the # of people you'd likely need to have that extra vehicle... so it would balance out.

Trip Reports & Campsite Pictures
algonquinbeyond.com

6/21/2020 8:47 am  #10

I wonder what constitutes a "trailer?"  If I ratchet-strapped my buddy's car behind my van just thru to the parking lot, would that be 1 vehicle?

Just gotta play the game right?

6/21/2020 2:47 pm  #11

I’m getting around the extra car fee by just making a second or third booking if necessary. Piss poor business planning. Guess what guys now there are less sites for you to book.

Last edited by ShawnD (6/21/2020 2:48 pm)

We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it.
 - George Washington Sears

6/25/2020 4:55 pm  #12

ShawnD wrote:

I’m getting around the extra car fee by just making a second or third booking if necessary. Piss poor business planning. Guess what guys now there are less sites for you to book.

I've done the same.... oh well there problem unless they fix the terrible site.

6/26/2020 7:24 am  #13

I guess that's one way to have a lake all to yourself!!!

6/26/2020 12:46 pm  #14

This is how they have been doing in it in The Mass for a while.  So I guess it's no surprise APP is doing it now too.  Although it is a terrible idea and just a money grab.

"Remember you belong to Nature, not it to you." - Grey Owl

6/26/2020 7:07 pm  #15

TrevaH wrote:

ShawnD wrote:

I've done the same.... oh well there problem unless they fix the terrible site.

I think the terrible reservation department is separate from the excessive fee department. Also, the current workaround won’t be so good if they follow through on the rumoured plan to charge a ~$45 per night flat fee per backcountry campsite.

6/30/2020 12:05 pm  #16

ShawnD wrote:

Has anyone done this yet? I'm seriously considering it for my group, but I'm pondering the ethics. There's three sites on the lake I've booked. So far I've only booked for myself with the plan to add others the day before we leave.

If two more book individually, we'll have the lake to ourselves. Would we get pushback from the ranger when we all check in at the same time? I'm conflicted because it would potentially screw over other prospective campers, but if they're dinging us for parking it seems like this is the better plan.

6/30/2020 1:01 pm  #17

JoeScmoe wrote:

ShawnD wrote:

Has anyone done this yet? I'm seriously considering it for my group, but I'm pondering the ethics. There's three sites on the lake I've booked. So far I've only booked for myself with the plan to add others the day before we leave.

If two more book individually, we'll have the lake to ourselves. Would we get pushback from the ranger when we all check in at the same time? I'm conflicted because it would potentially screw over other prospective campers, but if they're dinging us for parking it seems like this is the better plan.

If I understand correctly, we don’t have to check in in person anymore. Just make sure you’ve got printed copies of your permit with you (someone correct me if I’ve got this wrong), so you wouldn’t have to worry about explaining it there.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.