You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/16/2020 4:23 pm  #1

Trip Cancelled :(

Sadly, with the border closing extended another month our trip had to be cancelled.  I was holding out hope, but all of those who predicted the extension were right.

I called to cancel permits and campsites and heard the recording to just go ahead and do it online, plus the wait to speak to someone was estimated at 30 min.  The recording said that there were no cancellation fees for the rest of the year.

We are now headed to the BWCAW (thankfully got it all booked today!) in Minnesota and will hopefully be able to visit Algonquin next year.

When I cancelled I lost out on about $22 for 2 camping reservations and about $11 for each of our 2 permits.  Is this because they are not refunding the reservation fees?  Or do I have to call to get those refunded?

6/16/2020 9:33 pm  #2

Re: Trip Cancelled :(

Maybe call them, the website sucks so they probably can't even update it to not charge us fees just for 2020..

6/17/2020 10:51 am  #3

ryan72 wrote:

When I cancelled I lost out on about $22 for 2 camping reservations and about $11 for each of our 2 permits.  Is this because they are not refunding the reservation fees?  Or do I have to call to get those refunded?

Sorry to hear about the cancellation man, that sucks.

Don't worry about your booking fee, it will be manually refunded (possibly as a separate transaction) but it will absolutely be refunded - the online system shows that it's not part of the refund, but Camis staff have been manually reviewing all cancellations in the background and refunding the booking fees. You're good.

6/18/2020 1:28 pm  #4

I'm sorry to hear that, but when a door closes, a window opens! I'm sure you'll have an awesome trip at BWCAW. 

6/20/2020 2:08 pm  #5

Peek wrote:

ryan72 wrote:

Sorry to hear about the cancellation man, that sucks.

Don't worry about your booking fee, it will be manually refunded (possibly as a separate transaction) but it will absolutely be refunded - the online system shows that it's not part of the refund, but Camis staff have been manually reviewing all cancellations in the background and refunding the booking fees. You're good.

Thanks, you were correct.  Looks like the additional refunds were applied this morning. Hopefully we can make Algonquin happen next year.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.