You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/03/2020 10:57 am  #1

Wendigo Road

For future trip planning does anyone know if Wendigo Road has been fixed? I took my car up there in 2018 however last year there was a giant washout that even trucks had trouble making it through. I haven't been able to get any answers from Parks Ontario. On another note it does give me another reason to buy a truck! 

6/03/2020 12:32 pm  #2

Re: Wendigo Road

We were there in August 2019 and the washout appeared to have been fixed.  The road didn't seem any worse than usual (though granted we had a Toyota 4Runner).  I did see a Kia Soul in the parking lot at Wendigo, so it couldn't have been too tough to get in there.  I believe the washout was caused by a big beaver dam giving way in last spring's heavy runoff, so unless there's been a repeat performance you are probably good to go.  The melt this year was fairly slow and the runoff not too bad.

6/03/2020 1:37 pm  #3

Awesome, thanks so much! 

6/03/2020 2:24 pm  #4

Been there many times already this year in my tiny car. Road fixed.. better than ever.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.