You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/28/2020 4:57 pm  #69


Re: new reservation system

John Connelly wrote:

Solos ...... That is a beautiful picture of your friend !

I really like the photo. It will be the one that we put up on the bookshelf. It was taken by my wife when all the girls went to the far side of the island to watch the sun set. The wife has a better ability to take pictures and a better phone camera.

 

6/02/2020 7:53 pm  #70


Re: new reservation system

MNR doesn't run the online reservation system - it is contracted out.   I would assume the markedly new web site is due to the contract for running the reservation system running out and a new vendor winning the contract.  However, it appears that the complaints about the site no longer showing site availability have fallen on deaf ears - the site still doesn't show how many campsites a lake has and how many sites are reserved.  I do like the fact that you can now easily view availability of a lake in the future.

 

6/03/2020 7:40 am  #71


Re: new reservation system

  When I made my reservation for tomorrow a couple of weeks ago, I made a comment/complaint about exactly that. I mentioned that the old site showed how many sites and how many were booked. I always booked purely on that fact alone. To try and stay away from the crowds. As of today, no feedback. 

Last edited by Splakin (6/03/2020 9:56 am)


I'm just gone Fishin!
 

6/03/2020 8:04 am  #72


Re: new reservation system

Agreed, I always book with the intention of avoiding people and hate the new system. 

 

6/03/2020 10:21 pm  #73


Re: new reservation system

yellowcanoe wrote:

MNR doesn't run the online reservation system - it is contracted out.   I would assume the markedly new web site is due to the contract for running the reservation system running out and a new vendor winning the contract.  However, it appears that the complaints about the site no longer showing site availability have fallen on deaf ears - the site still doesn't show how many campsites a lake has and how many sites are reserved.  I do like the fact that you can now easily view availability of a lake in the future.

 
It was Camis before and it’s them again now. They do their own software according to the booker I spoke with. The new website absolutely sucks and they really don’t seem to be interested in doing anything about it. In addition to not showing lake occupancy, I’ve found the entire site to be badly behaved- as soon as I start checking out multiple routes and dates it starts feeding back untrue availability information. It struggles with completing a reservation, etc, etc (as outlined in this thread already). The old site had calendar availability already (at least for some parks), so that’s not an improvement.

 

6/06/2020 11:48 pm  #74


Re: new reservation system

First time using it and it took an hour and a half to get it done.  I think I'm going back to calling.

 

6/07/2020 6:59 am  #75


Re: new reservation system

For those keeping track that brings us up to.

People who like the new reservation site.

Yes - 0
No- 10,897

Really disappointed they have done absolutely nothing with all the feedback they received.

Really wish they would just bring back the old system at this point.


We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it.
 - George Washington Sears
 

6/07/2020 7:37 am  #76


Re: new reservation system

sadly this seems to be a theme with Camis! It seems every time they upgrade they remove or over complicate features that worked fine. first it was the double booking issue, then, in fixing it, they screwed up the costs for disabled campers (full price instead of disabled price), it's fixed now, but the other glitches have multiplied in it's place
 I hate to say it, but now I plan for a 2 hour battle every time I try to book....

Last edited by scoutergriz (6/07/2020 7:38 am)

 

6/07/2020 9:43 pm  #77


Re: new reservation system

ShawnD wrote:

... Really wish they would just bring back the old system at this point.

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it!

 

6/07/2020 9:56 pm  #78


Re: new reservation system

solos wrote:

ShawnD wrote:

... Really wish they would just bring back the old system at this point.

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it!

I really hate that phrase. If everyone followed that saying there would be no such thing as innovation and improvement.

But in this case I'll make an exception... please Ontario Parks don't try to innovate and improve... just give us back the old system


Trip Reports & Campsite Pictures
www.algonquinbeyond.com
 

6/08/2020 10:10 pm  #79


Re: new reservation system

trippythings wrote:

solos wrote:

ShawnD wrote:

... Really wish they would just bring back the old system at this point.

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it!

I really hate that phrase. If everyone followed that saying there would be no such thing as innovation and improvement.
...

How about:  Keep trying new things but if it isn't better than the original, don't use it.

 

 

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.