You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/30/2020 10:19 am  #52

Re: June 1 opening

2 other important points from the FAQs

No more than 5 people can occupy a backcountry campsite following the province’s current restrictions, unless they live in the same household.

And

Campers who are able to reserve and register online are responsible for having an electronic or printed copy of their permit with them when in the park. A copy of the vehicle permit must be displayed on the dash of your vehicle when parked within a designated areas of an operating provincial park.

We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it.
 - George Washington Sears

5/30/2020 10:50 am  #53

Oh yeah, baby!

5/30/2020 1:54 pm  #54

So excited, had to just come here to share with people who would understand. I was unaware that this was even a possibility until I saw the news on Reddit this morning. 

Things are booking up quick so I snagged a spot on Canisbay for a birthday/introductory canoe trip for my wife in late June, Pen Lake for another trip in early August, and Tim Lake on the second weekend of September. I chose spots close to access points because I want the wife to be able to come along, but it'll just be nice to be outdoors and in the beauty of Algonquin.

For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.

5/31/2020 8:16 am  #55

Oh boy....I booked a trip starting tomorrow that I was 75% sure wasn't going to happen.  I guess I better get packing!
 Printing the permit will be so nice.  Shame I can't bring more than four of my sherpas though.  Just kidding, no one else I know is crazy enough to camp in black fly season.
Woohoo!

5/31/2020 10:21 am  #56

This is great news.  Now if the border would open, we can proceed with our trip.

We have a family group of 9 and already reserved 2 permits.  One with 6 people and one with 3.  Our trip isn't until mid July so I am hoping the ease back the 5 person limit per site but if not, will I need to somehow rearrange our permits so that we are officially permitted as 5 and 4?

6/01/2020 11:53 am  #57

BOOKED For July 13th!

6/01/2020 12:35 pm  #58

Trip booked for this weekend out of grand (achray) lake. Lenny VS blackflies! 

6/01/2020 12:50 pm  #59

I will be heading in for my planned 10 day/9 night trip across the park on the 4th.

6/01/2020 2:09 pm  #60

No school and no daycare means I can't get away for long or I may not have a family to come home to, but I'm heading into McIntosh for two nights this coming Friday. Since I'll be light on food I'm actually going to lug in a bug enclosure, something I've never done before. I'll be happy if I don't need it, but if the bugs are brutal it'll be nice to have someplace to hang out that isn't a one-person tent!

Last edited by Uppa (6/01/2020 2:09 pm)

6/01/2020 2:46 pm  #61

Hope everyone heading in today or in the next week has a great trip. I’m still a while away from overnight camping, but looking forward to living vicariously through you all.

6/01/2020 5:24 pm  #62

Lenny wrote:

I suspect that you'll have a 1km carry from the gate to Grand Lake but I'm not sure.  Just something to be mentally prepared for.

6/01/2020 8:07 pm  #63

Lenny wrote:

See you there! I’ll be around highfalls Barron canyon area from tomorrow until Sunday!

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.