You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/29/2020 6:20 am  #35

Re: June 1 opening

@Mulder It will most certainly have to be communicated today. While many Park staff work weekends, I'm sure the Communications team (web services, external & internal comms etc...) and senior management follow more of a Monday - Friday schedule. Decisions will need to be firmed up today if not already made.
Regardless, I'm sure you'll be good to go for the 18th.

5/29/2020 6:29 am  #36

Now, wouldn't it be great if the park could email those with reservations with instructions to print two copies of the reservation confirmation and receipt of payment emails, stick one set on the dash and carry the other, and reply to their email agreeing to the standard rules and whatever additional rules for covid - group size, number of households, etc???

5/29/2020 8:03 am  #37

So the note of [ closure extended to June 14] no longer appears after Backcountry on the FOAP site, and you can still make backcountry reservations from June 1. -14. So glimmer of hope.

We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it.
 - George Washington Sears

5/29/2020 9:33 am  #38

Seems they are really dragging there feet for some reason, I have a reservation for Tuesday. Would be nice to know here soon. Fingers crossed.

5/29/2020 1:27 pm  #39

The extension of the State of Emergency order a couple of days ago did include a section extending the prohibition on camping on public lands To June 9. Would the parks be separate from that?

5/29/2020 1:31 pm  #40

'Public Lands', to me anyway, means crown land camping. 

5/29/2020 1:57 pm  #41

Well I just booked 4 days next week no problem. So I sure hope it's a go. Fingers crossed

I'm just gone Fishin!

5/29/2020 2:48 pm  #42

Uppa wrote:

'Public Lands', to me anyway, means crown land camping. 

That was my thought too.

5/29/2020 4:06 pm  #43

New warning message comes up when you try to book backcountry. Looks like backcountry is a go..

PARK ALERTS COVID-19

We are gradually increasing the recreational opportunities and services we offer at Ontario Parks as it is safe to do so. Check park pages on the Ontario Parks website prior to your arrival for details on what’s available at your park. Where party members are not from the same household, party size must not exceed the limit set out under the emergency order in force under s.7.0.2 (4) of the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act. When you visit, practice social distancing. Avoid large groups and respect posted closures for your safety.   I have read and acknowledge all of the park alerts listed.

Last edited by ShawnD (5/29/2020 4:07 pm)

We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it.
 - George Washington Sears

5/29/2020 4:33 pm  #44

FOAP site now says "Developed Camping Closure Extended to to June 14, 2020". When you click on the link it still shows backcountry camping closed but likely only because it's not yet June 1st. Looking good!

5/29/2020 4:33 pm  #45

An exciting development.  Out of curiosity I checked car camping which still appears closed until June 14 while you can book Backcountry starting June 1.  I'm not sure if it always looked like that or not but you would think there is a reason for the different dates.  Then went to Ontario Parks Covid page but sadly nothing new there since May 16 posting.  Hartly Bay Marina page is still calling for a June 1st open.  I guess we'll just have to see what happens come Monday but if anyone has a booking for June 1st I would hope Ontario Parks would have cancelled it by now if they aren't intending to allow camping.

5/30/2020 8:19 am  #46

Pack your bags.....

https://www.ontarioparks.com/covid19

Backcountry Camping available at Ontario Parks and on Crown Lands Starting June 1

Last edited by Mulder (5/30/2020 8:19 am)

5/30/2020 8:21 am  #47

Hello blackflies!!!!

5/30/2020 8:33 am  #48

An important piece of info:

For back country camping reservations at Algonquin and The Massasauga, in-person check in will not be required for arrivals. Backcountry campers reserving online will be e-mailed their confirmation letter, and the confirmation letter will serve as their backcountry camping permit. Campers are responsible for ensuring they have an electronic or printed permit when using the backcountry.

Last edited by trippythings (5/30/2020 8:34 am)

Trip Reports & Campsite Pictures
algonquinbeyond.com

5/30/2020 8:36 am  #49

Boom! Camp hard my friends.

5/30/2020 8:36 am  #50

trippythings wrote:

An important piece of info:

For back country camping reservations at Algonquin and The Massasauga, in-person check in will not be required for arrivals. Backcountry campers reserving online will be e-mailed their confirmation letter, and the confirmation letter will serve as their backcountry camping permit. Campers are responsible for ensuring they have an electronic or printed permit when using the backcountry.

So a positive out of all this mess. You can start your trip before the office opens now. Print at home and go.

5/30/2020 9:13 am  #51

Pretty awesome news.  

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.