You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/29/2020 10:12 pm  #1

WIA-IMR #367

Trying something different "Where In Algonquin In My Room", if people oppose I can just post the actual image. Thought it would just be neat to share the beautiful Algonquin scenery I get to look at every night when I go to bed and every morning when I wake up... almost like I'm camping there

I feel like I've posted this pic before but searched my WIA threads and couldn't find anything so decided to go for it

Last edited by trippythings (4/29/2020 10:14 pm)

Trip Reports & Campsite Pictures
algonquinbeyond.com

4/30/2020 9:00 am  #2

Re: WIA-IMR #367

Boudoir lake? 

4/30/2020 12:05 pm  #3

Bonnechere L.?

4/30/2020 12:44 pm  #4

RCSpartan wrote:

Boudoir lake? 

I don't even know where that is, so nope not there

RPDUKE wrote:

Bonnechere L.?

Not Bonnechere either

algonquinbeyond.com

4/30/2020 1:56 pm  #5

Hmm...Big Trout?

4/30/2020 2:56 pm  #6

That's an interesting picture. Doesn't really look like a campsite because of all the ground cover and it also doesn't seem like a portage because I don't see a trail and the clearing is too wide. Probably it's depicting a sunset (why don't more people love sunrises?) at sometime in the summer so the view is likely WNW or similar. I'll take a guess. Hogan?

4/30/2020 3:04 pm  #7

I don't know where it is, but I'd bet that's a sunrise not a sunset. I could be wrong tho.. Since I'm logged in, I'll throw out a guess..  misty morning on Misty Lake?

4/30/2020 3:35 pm  #8

Sunrise on Little Otterslide?

4/30/2020 4:32 pm  #9

Lots of very close guesses, none correct yet though.

solos wrote:

That's an interesting picture. Doesn't really look like a campsite because of all the ground cover and it also doesn't seem like a portage because I don't see a trail and the clearing is too wide. Probably it's depicting a sunset (why don't more people love sunrises?) at sometime in the summer so the view is likely WNW or similar. I'll take a guess. Hogan?

Give me a little bit more credit! This is indeed a sunrise pic

I always try to get campsites that offer both sunset and sunrise views, I'm up everyday to watch the sunrise if my campsite lets me.

algonquinbeyond.com

4/30/2020 4:38 pm  #10

Here is the actual pic (better quality and colour):

algonquinbeyond.com

4/30/2020 6:04 pm  #11

I’m a sunrise kinda guy too....something about having the whole day ahead of you.

Completely random guess...Burntroot?

4/30/2020 9:44 pm  #12

Not Burntroot, but all of the guesses after Bonnechere are all within a days travel from this lake.

algonquinbeyond.com

5/01/2020 7:51 am  #13

1) Trippythings,  Nice "bedroom".  Where's the pile of dirty clothes?  Where's the junk strewn all over the nightstand?  Where's the stack of unread books?  You aren't fooling anybody but yourself with your fake bedroom.
2) I can't imagine this is correct, but it sure looks like Casey to me, from the side of the middle campsite looking out over the length of the lake.
3) It really is a lovely photo, definitely worth the wall space.

5/01/2020 8:44 am  #14

MooseWhizzer Dave wrote:

1) Trippythings,  Nice "bedroom".  Where's the pile of dirty clothes?  Where's the junk strewn all over the nightstand?  Where's the stack of unread books?  You aren't fooling anybody but yourself with your fake bedroom.
2) I can't imagine this is correct, but it sure looks like Casey to me, from the side of the middle campsite looking out over the length of the lake.
3) It really is a lovely photo, definitely worth the wall space.

Jeez, at least I made my bed for the picture!

Not Casey though.

And thanks, I was considering a 'prettier' picture but this one captures the mood and atmosphere of Algonquin so well, I decided it's what I wanted to look at every day.

algonquinbeyond.com

5/01/2020 8:55 am  #15

Looks like a campsite I came across on North River Lake.

5/01/2020 10:35 am  #16

Is that the back of the island site on Linda?

5/01/2020 11:03 am  #17

No to both of those guesses. Getting colder now.

algonquinbeyond.com

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.