You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/25/2019 8:26 pm  #18

Re: Knots

These knot things have names?

I use a few but don't really know what they're called. Although one I use often I believe is called a
slip knot - one pull on the short end undoes it. I use it for my dog, my canoe. Basically whenever
something needs securing but no adjustment will be required.

MEC, in one of their recent emails about upcoming events, was advertising  a knot clinic. I can't remember when it was (it may be well past) but the date didn't work for me. It is something I was interested in taking, though.

Last edited by Algonquintripper (11/25/2019 8:26 pm)

Dave

4/08/2020 8:05 am  #19

Re: Knots

Back in November, ShawnD started this discussion about knots with his closing line, "Going to create a short list to learn before next spring." Did anyone made some serious progress with knots over the winter?

With some extra spare time looming ahead, it might be an appropriate distraction to refocus on! 

I confess to not having dealt with my own knot-deficiency over the winter. However, I have come across this online aid .. https://www.animatedknots.com/. With the weather set to turn chilly, hopefully I'll get to it!

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.