You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/26/2020 1:31 pm  #18

Re: West to East. I go one way, you the other, we swap keys in the middle

trippythings wrote:

Would you consider September, or would that not work? And which access points interest you the most?

September is unfortunately very tough for me due to my work (even though it's my favourite time of year to go camping). As to the specific route/access points, I don't actually care much - any trip across the park, regardless of start/end point, sounds pretty good to me!

Last edited by Uppa (2/26/2020 2:13 pm)

2/27/2020 11:27 am  #19

Uppa wrote:

trippythings wrote:

Would you consider September, or would that not work? And which access points interest you the most?

September is unfortunately very tough for me due to my work (even though it's my favourite time of year to go camping). As to the specific route/access points, I don't actually care much - any trip across the park, regardless of start/end point, sounds pretty good to me!

September is usually easiest for me to schedule long trips, but August might work. I'll think about it more and let you know. Just curious how many nights were you planning?

Trip Reports & Campsite Pictures
algonquinbeyond.com

2/27/2020 11:34 am  #20

I've given zero thought to specific routes yet. But, my original idea got superseded by smarter ideas from other folks in the thread anyway, namely that it makes more sense to swap cars at the start rather than at the end, which means we don't have to coordinate trip lengths - we'll have our own cars waiting for us when we finish, whenever that happens to be. 

3/07/2020 1:35 pm  #21

Hi Uppa,

I've been trying to figure out how to do the entire Nipissing with my two boys, but the shuttle price would be insane, so wrote it off. This is a great idea though and gives me hope.

I am from Ottawa and would prefer to go West to East. So I could drop your car at Access point 2 or somewhere close to there, and I would finish our trip at Brent. Would that work for you?

In terms of dates, I was thinking of starting in the 2nd week of May, maybe May 11?

Feel free to PM me.

Tim

3/07/2020 1:36 pm  #22

BTW, my son paddles a kayak and any tips you have for making the portages easier would be appreciated!

Tim

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.