You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/24/2020 1:37 pm  #1

Maps

Does anyone have copies of the google earth (kmz) files for Jeff’s old maps they would be willing to share? Killarney, Algonquin and temagami or any combination.

I believe the Creative Commons license allows this type of sharing. If I’m wrong, I’m sure Jeff will correct me....and I’ll apologize. And yes, I know he is with unlostify now. I’ve bought all those maps despite probably never doing the French or massassauga parks and like most of you am anxiously hoping for the release of the unlostify Algonquin map.

Thanks

James

2/24/2020 1:44 pm  #2

Re: Maps

I have KMZ's for v3, v4 and v5.

How do you want to receive them? FTP, dropbox?

2/24/2020 1:47 pm  #3

Amazing. Just v5 if you could.

Whatever is easiest for you.

Thanks

2/24/2020 1:52 pm  #4

Cool, will PM you with further instructions.

2/24/2020 2:32 pm  #5

So 1 down. Anyone as amazing as peek able to share the Killarney or temagami maps?

Thanks

James

2/24/2020 2:37 pm  #6

edit: nvm I was wrong, only works for Algonquin not Killarney

Last edited by trippythings (2/24/2020 4:27 pm)

Trip Reports & Campsite Pictures
algonquinbeyond.com

2/24/2020 3:28 pm  #7

I did try the way back machine first and I couldn’t get it to work. I just tried again still no luck but I’ll give it another try when I get home maybe it’s just the Wi-Fi network I’m on.

2/24/2020 3:57 pm  #8

Why didn't you ask the first time? lol I gotchu fam.

Link on its way

2/24/2020 3:58 pm  #9

The way back machine only appears to have the .jpg file of the killarney map, no the kmz version.

If anyone has the kHz version it would be greatly appreciated.

2/24/2020 4:14 pm  #10

Stand down everyone.

Thanks peek.

In return, I personally guarantee no bugs on every portage. (You just have to leave right now and be back before April)

2/24/2020 4:18 pm  #11

edit: nvm I was wrong

Last edited by trippythings (2/24/2020 4:26 pm)

Trip Reports & Campsite Pictures
algonquinbeyond.com

3/03/2020 3:46 am  #12

Peek,  just wondering how you use the kmz map? Can you use this with avenza? Thanks in advance.

3/03/2020 5:42 am  #13

It works with google earth.

3/03/2020 12:07 pm  #14

OTCanadienne wrote:

Peek, just wondering how you use the kmz map? Can you use this with avenza? Thanks in advance.

If you copy/paste the below link in iOS Safari or the Android equivalent it should load in Avenza.

I don't think it's searchable in the Avenza Store anymore but as far as I know the direct link from algonquinmap.com still works

avenza-mapstore://product_details/94357

Last edited by Spoonsy (3/03/2020 12:08 pm)

3/03/2020 12:43 pm  #15

Spoonsy wrote:

OTCanadienne wrote:

Peek, just wondering how you use the kmz map? Can you use this with avenza? Thanks in advance.

If you copy/paste the below link in iOS Safari or the Android equivalent it should load in Avenza.

I don't think it's searchable in the Avenza Store anymore but as far as I know the direct link from algonquinmap.com still works

I just tried this using chrome on my Android phone and it did not work.  

3/03/2020 1:06 pm  #16

ryan72 wrote:

Spoonsy wrote:

OTCanadienne wrote:

I just tried this using chrome on my Android phone and it did not work.  

Hmm sorry to hear. Did it open the app? Just tried on an iOS device without issue. Although it says "removed" on the listing, the "free" button is still functional

3/03/2020 3:13 pm  #17

When I put that address into chrome it just pulled up some general search links about avenza.  It didn't launch the app.  I tried with the app closed and open while doing it.

Maybe its an Android vs. I phone issue

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.