You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/19/2020 1:09 pm  #1

Campsite reports highlights vegetation changes over quarter century

Some years ago I submitted a PCI campsite report for Campsite #14 on Littledoe Lake from a visit back in 2008. Yesterday, Wanda Spruyt sent in a report from her visit to it last year. While the report's text was mostly similar, its photos made it clear that the passage of 11 years had made a pronounced difference in the vegetation of and surrounding a campsite! I recalled a visit to this campsite with my son back in 1994 .. a quarter century ago. I was able to scrounge-up a photo of the west side of the campsite which reminded me that at that time much of the campsite was covered in small pines, bushes and grass.

This was Littledoe Lake Campsite #14 a quarter century ago ...

Check out the change in vegetation by 2008 and by 2019 at ...

http://www.algonquinadventures.com/PCI/lakes/Littledoe/LittledoeCS14/LittledoeCS14.htm

2/19/2020 2:26 pm  #2

Re: Campsite reports highlights vegetation changes over quarter century

11 years is a pretty long time. I was surprised when I went back to Clydegale Lake in 2018 how much the same campsite changed vs the previous year. These pictures were taken 1 year apart (2017 vs 2018)

Trip Reports & Campsite Pictures
algonquinbeyond.com

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.