You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/03/2020 1:33 pm  #1

series of small lakes near hwy 60

I've asked this a  few years back but with so many new members I'd like to ask again.  

There's a series of small lakes near hwy 60 starting on the west side of the park .. look for Park L, Victory L, Snow, Greeenwood, shawandasee, fen, hilly, small, bluebell, makado, benna, norman.  Has anyone ever ventured into these lakes ?  Feel free to send me a PM is you would rather not post here.  

Those are unmaintained portages so I'm betting its tough going . .and some are long.  Also low water levels there at times.  And not a lot of campsite choices.  But I do like the road less travelled .. .. 

any info helps .. .thanks

1/30/2020 8:54 am  #2

Re: series of small lakes near hwy 60

Sorry DW but I visited these lakes in my teens so my memory has faded.  I do remember fishing some of these lakes with my dad and back then the fishing was awesome.  I can only. tell you they were not easy to reach back then and now probably even more difficult.

Go for it if you like challenges and if you survive broken bones, etc. lol tell us all about it.

CAMPING IS WHEN YOU SPEND A LOT OF MONEY TO LIVE LIKE A HOMELESS PERSON!

2/03/2020 1:28 pm  #3

Hi Bo … !

Yeah I'm guessing its a really tough go along that route.  If nobody here is posting about it then its likely even worse than the other unmaintained portages … 

2/03/2020 10:08 pm  #4

We did a quick trip from AO Oxtongue up the river and crossed over at the snowplow turn around on 60 just outside the west gate at Park Lake. We explored Park, Hobo, Snow and camped at the crown site on Victory. Was an average site . Nothing spectacular. That's as far as we got on these lakes as we headed back downstream on the Oxtongue. Ive often thought about these lakes too. Looking forward to hearing what you find.

Last edited by Shayne74 (2/03/2020 10:09 pm)

2/11/2020 3:18 pm  #5

Hi Shayne … dare I ask if you caught any fish ( … I dont need to know which lakes) 

thanks

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.