You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/28/2020 2:22 pm  #1

Tim Lake Access

The last time I tried to get to Tim Lake access I couldn’t because of a washout
road.

Last year when permits were issued, did anyone have any problems getting to access point?

Last edited by boknows (1/29/2020 3:12 am)

CAMPING IS WHEN YOU SPEND A LOT OF MONEY TO LIVE LIKE A HOMELESS PERSON!

1/30/2020 8:39 am  #2

Re: Tim Lake Access

No replies needed now as this trip has been cancelled.  After all, it is too easy. lol

CAMPING IS WHEN YOU SPEND A LOT OF MONEY TO LIVE LIKE A HOMELESS PERSON!

1/30/2020 9:18 am  #3

Bo may not need an answer, but I'd still be curious to hear people's response as I have been wondering this same thing.

1/30/2020 3:24 pm  #4

Hi folks,

I went though in 2017 for May 24 and there was no problem getting in and out of there in a Mazda 3.  I did hit my AC unit on one of the rocks at the top of the hill, which utterly demolished it, but that was my own fault.  The road has recently been upgraded, seems to be okay.

Ian

1/31/2020 10:36 am  #5

Hey all! I was in on May 13th last year. After all of the Ont park huge fiasco the week before. Absolutely no problems at all with the road.  There was a ton of snow last year. Way more then this year....so far. I'm hoping there's no problems this year as l have a trip planned from that access in May. 

I'm just gone Fishin!

2/02/2020 3:36 pm  #6

Little late to the party but...
We were in via Tim River last July. They were re-grading and placing granular along the access road. Also, they paved (tar and chip) a section of the road that occurs during a steep slope portion of the access road. It seemed quite recently cared for but there were a few rockier sections so caution is still the best bet. We accessed it with a Ford Edge and a Tucson

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.