You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/10/2019 1:04 pm  #1

Overnight Trip : Shirley Lake (Sept 14th, 2019)

Just wanted to share a video we tossed together from our Mid - September camping trip to Shirley Lake.

With 2018 being fairly busy we were not able to get out camping with my daughter, so Rich and I decided to book something last minute. We decided on going through the Shall Lake access point (relatively close to home) and making our way up into Shirley for the night. 

The route, as expected, was not very long nor arduous, and my nine year old crushed it!

The wind kicked up pretty hard in the afternoon on Shirley, but it was a really good learning experience for the young one. Most importantly, it was a lot of fun and a nice way to end the canoe season for the family.

Enjoy, and I look forward to seeing some Thanksgiving trip reports !

10/10/2019 1:57 pm  #2

Re: Overnight Trip : Shirley Lake (Sept 14th, 2019)

Awww - she's too cute!  Can I borrow her to liven up our family photos?  Love the dancing at the campsite, my kids are a little old for that now, though sometimes camping brings out the kid in all of us.  Glad you had such a nice trip. 

10/11/2019 12:26 pm  #3

Good post!  That site on Shirley does look pretty decent, especially with kids along.  

10/11/2019 12:28 pm  #4

Gord
We didn't really think about any particular site, just wanted to get out and that one seemed easy to get to.... but man we were shocked and extremely happy with it. We talked several times about going back in the heat of summer and really enjoying that beach!

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.