You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/11/2019 10:05 am  #1

Tim River between Long Bow and Queer Portage

Heads up - There's a low-water-recommend-revising-your-plans Advisory for the entire section of the Tim between Long Bow and Shippagew.  That is a very long section of River to be advising about (I only needed the first 20% of that segment to be viable), but with the forecasting I'm seeing, there isn't a lot of hope for the water levels to do anything but get lower, so I guess I'm going to change my trip.  The trip isn't until the first week of October, and a lot can happen between now and then, but if I wait on the reservations I'll lose my alternate route.

My desired route was: Magnetawan-Mubwyaka-Rosebary-Little Trout-Out.  I scrapped it in 2018 because winter came a bit early, and I'm scrapping it in 2019 because of the water advisory.  Holding out hope for 2020 I guess.  My official beaver dam count will have to wait.   

9/11/2019 11:07 am  #2

Re: Tim River between Long Bow and Queer Portage

Hey Dave, I traveled from Queer to Shippagew over labour day weekend and although the water was very low, we spent more time in our canoes than out.  The dragging and larger than normal pull overs probably added about an hour or so to our anticipated travel time.  I've been told the Rosebary area is worse, but maybe consider heading down the Tim from Queer to Shah?

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.