You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/07/2019 9:24 pm  #1

Trip Report: Quetico 2-week trip

Hi folks. I had a good time last year on a week-long trip in a park which is not Algonquin but which is a great park to canoe in and whose name starts with a Q, so I did it again for twice as long. If you have any questions about tripping there, I'm happy to answer them to the best of my ability.  

Edit: i have removed a link to my trip report as it violates the focus of this forum, which is only on Algonquin Park.

Last edited by Methye (9/08/2019 10:38 am)

9/07/2019 11:44 pm  #2

Re: Trip Report: Quetico 2-week trip

While I completely understand Barry's efforts to keep this Algonquin focused, great post.  A very impressive adventure.

9/08/2019 6:57 am  #3

That’s why I posted it here in ‘catch-all’ discussions instead of ‘trip reports’

Edit: because it mentions a park which is not Algonquin

Last edited by Methye (9/08/2019 10:35 am)

9/08/2019 9:49 am  #4

This belongs on MyCCR, not AA. Barry has been very consistent about the Algonquin focus over the years.

9/08/2019 10:26 am  #5

And yet.... the actual Algonquin Trip Reports section of AA shows a recent trip report to Moosonee.   https://algonquinadventures.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=2294     Just sayin'. ;-)

i thought that by posting a trip report to this off-topic "catch-all" sub-forum, it would be okay, but i understand that the rules will now be enforced and will remove this report,  and also the one from September of last year which was posted on this sub-forum with no problem...

https://algonquinadventures.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=2217

9/08/2019 11:03 am  #6

i would have enjoyed reading that trip report,,
           portage insights, photos, food taken, did ya go fishing,, 
                  pity it is gone

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.