You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/06/2019 2:10 pm  #1

Rubber boots November tripping

Everything is water and muck out ther come late October November and struggle to keep feet dry through portages. Was thinking maybe rubber boots and change for camp into light hikers.. any good rubber boots with ankle support that could work well for me on cold wet muddy trails .

9/06/2019 3:50 pm  #2

Re: Rubber boots November tripping

Following this...I wear a pair of Ecco boots and they are great but I've heard a lot of good things about a decent rubber boot that time of year...interested to hear what folks are using

9/06/2019 5:12 pm  #3

My go to boot right now is a scarpa r-evolution. Leather and gortex. Great for keeping water out but in oct/Nov. Its mudslides and waterfalls. Maybe a pair of thick wool socks and hunting rubber boots....

9/06/2019 5:52 pm  #4

In early spring I go with 2 pairs of wool socks in a snug pair of regular rubber boots. Not as much ankle support as a good solid leather hiking boot but way more than the Keens I often portage in during the summer. 

9/06/2019 6:32 pm  #5

Whatever boots I find comfortable in summer plus NEOS overshoes on top of them when it's important to keep them dry. They are light, easily taken off in a boat and can be worn on portages if required.

9/06/2019 7:04 pm  #6

For me, fall trips are mandatory rubber boots adventures. I use a pair of BOGS exclusively in the fall. They are the most comfortable rubber boot I've ever worn.They also double down for grouse and deer hunting. My feet are always bone dry and warm with only a singe pair of merino wool socks. For around the camp when settled in, I have a pair of light running shoes that I've retired from squash play and now use for canoe tripping.

I wouldn't even consider a back country canoe trip in the fall without my BOGS rubber boots.

9/07/2019 8:47 am  #7

For those who use rubber boots in the cooler/cold times of year, do you find your feet sweat when you do anything active?  My concern with such a waterproof boot is that your feet would get soaked with sweat.

Swift Fifteen which Bog boot do you use specifically, if you don't mind me asking?

9/07/2019 4:19 pm  #8

My feet don't sweat in the cooler fall weather in my BOGS boots with only one pair of merino socks. They did however sweat in every other rubber boot.

The model boot I use is the Men's Classic High Camo. They fit like a running shoe, unbelievably comfortable. 

https://www.bogsfootwear.ca/shop/style/60542-973.html

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.