You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/12/2019 6:06 pm  #18

Re: Route options for week-long solo in September

geologicaldust wrote:

trippythings wrote:

So it's booked. I ended up choosing the Magnetawan option and I made the reservation in a way that gives me lots of flexibility to make changes (start a day late, end a day early, switch one lake for another, etc.).

I'm staying on Misty > White Trout > McIntosh > Little Misty

Misty, White Trout and McIntosh are all big lakes, so really, the only lake that I'm at risk of being fully booked is Little Misty, so I booked that for my last two nights... if I want to cut the trip a day short, easy. If I want to switch Little Misty to Misty, I'm sure I'll be able to do it last minute.

Any change I want to make will be easy but it feels good knowing I have something booked.

For campsite suggestions on Misty you have to check out PCI Site #17. It has an awesome rock cliff facing west that you can comfortably sit on that's about 20-25 feet up from the water. We spent the entire afternoon jumping off it and bouldering the wall.
We scouted the bottom of the face before attempting either, of course.
Cheers, enjoy your trip!

Good to know, thanks!

Trip Reports & Campsite Pictures
algonquinbeyond.com

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.