You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/06/2019 3:48 pm  #1

camping hammock rental

None of the main outfitters around Algonquin rent hammocks.  Has anyone come across a store that does?  I'd like to try one or a few before buying.  

8/06/2019 4:49 pm  #2

Re: camping hammock rental

I don't know about renting but Costco sells one that probably costs less. It won't be the best quality but maybe it's good enough to see if you like it.

8/06/2019 7:35 pm  #3

Unless all of the planets align, my bet is that you won't like it the first time. I've been hanging mine every other weekend for 2 seasons and I'm still figuring things out. Problems can range from numb heals to a 2-day long splitting headache. Hofman Outdoor Gear and Little Shop of Hammocks are 2 Canadian cottage manufacturers that make an exceptional product that will hold their value.

8/07/2019 10:03 am  #4

Thanks for the input guys.  I am a bit worried about finding the right configuration so thought a rental might be a good way to start.  I'm thinking it needs to be good gear to work well so I may just have to invest and then sell if i need something else.  

8/08/2019 5:02 pm  #5

If you decide to invest I'm bias toward the Hennessey System. All in one unit. Had mine for 8 or so years. Great investment. Assym Zip.

8/08/2019 8:57 pm  #6

Oh man welcome to the wonderfully addictive world of hammocking!  I started about 12 years ago with a cheap ENO Double nest and simple tarp..then went to a Hennessy and just last year went all out and invested in a Dream Hammock, Winter tarp, 2 underquilts and a top quilt.  So far I'm a good $2000 into it lol.  But man I sleep SO much better in my hammock than I even do in my bed.  I haven't heard of any place renting though unfortunately.  There are a few good cottage vendors that sell VERY well made hammocks and have excellent customer service.  Dream Hammock, Dutch, Warbonnet, etc. all make great stuff...Hammockforums.net is a rabbit hole of awesome info and super helpful folks as well.

8/09/2019 5:34 am  #7

Just reread my post and I should really add that once you do get it right, it's glorious. Which presents another problem - you won't want to get out to pee.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.