You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/05/2019 5:40 pm  #1

Parking/Unloading/Launching at Sunday Creek (Access Point #10)

Howdy campers,

The boys and I are heading into the near-backcountry soon for a three nighter on Fork Lake. I'm looking for some clear information about parking, loading and launching at Access Point #10, svp.

As far as I can tell, we park at the Spruce Bog Boardwalk parking lot, then carry our stuff down the path to Sunday Creek. My questions are as follows:

1. As of August 2019, should we plan on launching north, or south, of the highway culvert?
2. Is there anywhere to unload gear from the car a little closer to the boat launch?

Any other advice is obviously welcome. Thanks in advance, fellow Algonquinites!

For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.

8/05/2019 5:47 pm  #2

Re: Parking/Unloading/Launching at Sunday Creek (Access Point #10)

I don't have any helpful info for you unfortunately, but would you be able to take some pics of the campsites during your trip? I've found a few online but they weren't the most descriptive and seemed to be dated. It was a lake I was eyeing last season but never ended up visiting. I'm also curious if you would able to hear any highway traffic from the lake, or if you're far enough that wouldn't be an issue.

Trip Reports & Campsite Pictures
algonquinbeyond.com

8/05/2019 5:58 pm  #3

Stop your car on the south side of HWY 60 just east of the bridge over Sunday Creek and unload your gear.  The road is wider there due to the right turn lane for the Visitor's Centre.  You'll be launching onto the creek from the south side of the culvert, east of the bridge. You can carry it down to the put in at the creek right away if you want.  Then you have to drive your car back and park it at the Spruce Bog Boardwalk parking lot.  And then walk back along the highway to the put in.  Have a good trip!

8/05/2019 6:32 pm  #4

trippythings wrote:

I don't have any helpful info for you unfortunately, but would you be able to take some pics of the campsites during your trip? I've found a few online but they weren't the most descriptive and seemed to be dated. It was a lake I was eyeing last season but never ended up visiting. I'm also curious if you would able to hear any highway traffic from the lake, or if you're far enough that wouldn't be an issue.

Absolutely, trippythings, I'll take lots of photos and submit an updated site report for the PCI Project. 

For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.

8/05/2019 6:36 pm  #5

Stainless wrote:

Stop your car on the south side of HWY 60 just east of the bridge over Sunday Creek and unload your gear.  The road is wider there due to the right turn lane for the Visitor's Centre.  You'll be launching onto the creek from the south side of the culvert, east of the bridge. You can carry it down to the put in at the creek right away if you want.  Then you have to drive your car back and park it at the Spruce Bog Boardwalk parking lot.  And then walk back along the highway to the put in.  Have a good trip!

Thanks, Stainless, this is the kind of information I was looking for. Much obliged!

8/05/2019 8:30 pm  #6

El_Dude_Brother wrote:

trippythings wrote:

Absolutely, trippythings, I'll take lots of photos and submit an updated site report for the PCI Project. 

Awesome, enjoy the trip

Trip Reports & Campsite Pictures
algonquinbeyond.com

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.